Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Sinus Surgery Today

 


Wonderful picture, but we have started.  Numbing agents are in.  I will be awake while he trims my turbinates, balloons my sinuses, cuts polyps and trims whatever else needs to be done.

I am starting with a massive headache from the sinus infection and from a post concussion syndrome from the fall.  

Nervous about being awake for this procedure, but looking forward to the aftermath of not having a sinus infection for a while again.  It is always temporary but gives me a few months/years of better.  

Here we go!


😳
See you soon!!

Back!  My look until the bleeding stops - and boy is it bleeding!

Thank you everyone!  ❤️

Everything is done. Maxillary sinuses 100% blocked, other sinuses close, bone reductions, turbinate reductions, lots of polyps removed, part of sinuses not working and permanently broken but he thinks this surgery will overcome that.  Cultures taken.  Does not see fungal.  No pain during surgery and I was awake.  

Dr Cordray (Tulsa) is a wonderful ENT; very thorough, explains every step as he is remodeling and continuously asks if there is pain.  
Never had pain!

Until after the numbing meds wore off!  Ouchie momma!!  Pain meds, which I seldom take, are taking the edge off though.  All is well.  

I will be fine in a day or so.

No comments: