Monday, March 8, 2021

Quick Update



 Been having a rough few weeks.  I have an awful headache, sinus infection of course, stomach issues from so many antibiotics, and generally I feel weak, not ‘ok’ and very off.  I am fighting nausea, achy, joints hurt and my heart keeps fluttering.  I am thinking my thyroid tanked.  I go to the cancer Dr next week and he will run bloodwork to see what is up.

This past weekend some very dear friends came for the weekend.  The girls went quilt shop hopping, the guys hung out, moved the Broncho, getting ready for the crawfish boil in late April.  We sewed, Mike ate the apple pie, told me I needed more experience, so he ran to the store and got more flour, and I made another apple pie. He ate a couple more pieces of pie this morning!  I think he likes my apple pie!  😂


I woke at 7 today.  I thought I had heard a knock on the door.  I came through the living room, barefoot, and squished through the living room.  Our hot water tank blew through the night, and water has saturated the living room carpet, the laundry room and the entry way.  There was no knock unless it was God knocking on my noggin.  




Mike and Laura left later than they wanted to, but we were thankful they could help.  Steve and I ran and bought another hot water heater.  Mike and Steve had gotten the other one out.  The new one was too big, so Todd and Steve removed the door and jamb and shoved it in.  Now they are working on hooking it all up.  

In the meantime, my very dear uncle Dan, my dad’s brother, has been terribly ill in the hospital.  Jeremy jumped in the car and went to see him, but he was sleeping from the pain meds.  They at least got to see him.  I think they are going to try to remove a gall stone tomorrow, but he is fragile.  They have warned it is a risky but necessary surgery for him.  That will be tomorrow.  Please say prayers for Dan.

I have 2 quilts on the board!  I will finish one this week, and be well on the way on the second one.


That is a quick catch-up.  Ha!  Nothing I ever do is quick.


No comments: