Sunday, March 14, 2021

My Uncle Danny Forever :-)

This man, my Uncle Danny, means more to me than you can ever imagine.  I just needed to embrace myself in his love and memories.  He is absolutely amazing to our family.  He always believed in me, always encouraged me and loved me unconditionally.  

He shared stories about living in Canada and Greenland.  Negative 76 Celsius?  Nope!  Not me.  But yes, he did!  And yes, he actually IS a rocket scientist - before NASA - in fact he was a part of its birth.  The stories that he shares draw you in with clarity - and I could never hear enough of them.  I recorded a few today,  just as I recorded a few from his mom, my grandma Nimrod.  I was so blessed to be a part of both of their lives. 
I lived with my grandparents.  I have lived with Uncle Danny.  His first wife, my Aunt Janie, taught me to sew - that had been a lifetime of love.  The few gifts I got in my life were from Aunt Jane and Uncle Danny; a small coo-coo clock, real ballerina tippy toe slippers, a tambourine, a beautiful dancer jewelry box... a black onyx and pearl ring... all treasured.  Gone now, but those memories will never be gone.

Aunt Carol has been his wife for a long time - many years.  He picked another winner - she is such a wonderful, gentle person.  I can’t imagine life without any of these precious people, but life was never meant to be forever, so we must to treasure the moments.

Thank you, Uncle Danny and Aunt Carol.  😊

Today was wonderful.  💕  Tomorrow morning, just a few more memories to last a lifetime.  I love you.





 

No comments: