Wednesday, February 26, 2020

No “Easy” Button Here


Nothing about my life is easy.  I don’t talk to anyone about the aggravations I deal with, so blog, you are it!  I am currently shooting 3 medicines up into my sinuses with a sinus nebulizer every morning. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and have 2 more weeks to go.  I think it might be helping the sinuses, but it is killing my body, my brain fog and my head.  I can’t think.  I can’t remember anything.  I can’t concentrate.  
My pharmacist thinks part of this is the medicines I am using in my sinuses. 
White powder in sinuses (nose) is... not good... even prescribed.

How do I compensate?  I sew.  It is repetitive and I don’t have to concentrate, I just do over and over.  My daily grind is doing laundry, sewing, walking, sewing, napping, sewing, cooking supper and sewing.  No thought in any of what I do.  Just repetitive stuff.  I try to smile.  I forget.  I try to function normally.  I can’t.  Even riding in the car with Steve, I have nothing to say.  I just can’t think of anything of interest.  We are together every day, and honestly, I am comfortable in our silence.
But I am sure I am boring - well other than my medical crap, but believe me, that is no reason to keep me around.  I want so much more for him.  I just don’t know how to give it and I don’t have the energy to figure it out.  
It makes me incredibly sad.  He deserves so much more.

So, I sew.

Yesterday, I made 20 pot holders.  I washed them, de-linted them, marked them for sale and found a basket to put them in.  I try to accomplish something every single day.  This was yesterday.







Today  I made signs for the boutique with stamping and inks,  
I laminated them and then cut them apart.  
That was all I could muster today.

Tomorrow I am going to my first session with a counselor for coping skills.  
And to grieve what is gone.

Hopefully I will find a way to turn this around.
And in two weeks, the white powder sniffs will be finished 
and hopefully another obstacle will be behind me.