Friday, February 21, 2020

Sewing Room Revamp

I thought when I started gathering quilting projects that I would be better off putting them in plastic containers, but when I went to look for something I spent forever looking through my containers.  A few months ago, I did some research and decided to put my fabric all on comic boards. I have spent months diligently emptying containers and wrapping fabric on the comic boards.  I have finally just about finished!


This is my before picture of miscellaneous (non-dedicated) fabrics sorted by colors:




And this is after, also sorted by colors:



These are my project boxes before:



These are my projects after, separated projects by thin elastic headbands: 



I keep all of the fabric selvages from my fabrics in case I need to find more (online/eBay/Etsy/etc) I will know brand, name and pattern number.  The bag I kept them in was full, so I got this wild hair to make a valance out of them!  It came out pretty good!



These are what I am talking about:



This area was a nightmare, just lots of containers big and small:



I had Steve bring down a toy bin shelf and leave the toy bins upstairs.  I put flannels, kid’s fabrics and stabilizers in it.  It is so much better now!



The donkey is a story for another day... lol...

These bins on the right were scraps.  The left is ziploc bags, etc.  The right two sets of drawers were lots and lots of scraps.  




I sorted every one of them by colors and put each color in a ziplock baggie.  I love being able to walk to a baggie and get a scrap the color I need without digging through tons of scraps!



And finally, this closet is built on an angle and absolutely useless, so I put my fat quarters on the narrow shelves!  Not much fits on them, but these are perfect there - also sorted by colors, theme or holiday.



It has been a lot of work, but I have already used so much fabric out of it because I can reach and grab!  I may never have to leave my sewing room now, but I won’t tell you I have bought fabric from 3 different stores in the last 2 days!  

I made 2 of these mug rugs out of my scraps!  ❤️




No comments: