Monday, August 28, 2017

This Is Why We Needed To Come 'Home'...

I miss Louisiana with all my heart.  I miss my friend, Dee.  I miss my friend, Peggy.  I miss my friend Ann. I miss Matt and his crazy self.  And Mary Michelle.  And Kristine.  Heck, I miss all my friends.  I miss the life we left behind.  I miss the food.  I miss the uniqueness.  I do miss Louisiana.

But we needed to come home because we missed our families.  My mom would have loved for us to live nearby so she could see her grand kids grow up.  His mother would have loved to see them grow up.  The kids needed their grandparents.  Oh, they got to see them and know them, but they didn't get to KNOW them, know what I mean?  We needed to live in Oklahoma.  But we didn't, because we lived in south Louisiana.  Work was there and that was kinda important, ya know?

I know we had to live there for Steve's job and we never would have had the wonderful experiences and memories that we had. We met the most wonderful people on earth there.  I know we had a wonderful life living in Louisiana and friendships deeper than the sea.  But we needed to come home.  We needed OUR family.

Here is why...


We spent the weekend with the crew: Rod, mother, Uncle Weldon, Aunt Sandra, Joan, Mike, Steve and I:


And they caught fish!

I found my cousins I had 'lost' 40 years ago - and we stay in contact!

We can go to random church functions with our family even if they called at the last minute:

We can race to the hospital when someone is sick or in surgery:

We can support each other during worries:

We can cheer others on when they need us:

We can randomly hug them when we are together:

We can celebrate birthdays together:

We can have fun at an impromptu wedding celebration:

We can take a day and fish with them:

And we can see in their faces exactly why we need to be there:


We missed so many years with our loved ones, but we had a really good time in Louisiana.  It was just time to come back to our roots and our family.


And... apparently, I needed to be here to be properly diagnosed.  32 years in Louisiana, 2.5 years in Singapore - both places with constant hypochondriac statements, prescriptions and insinuations... yet 5 minutes with one Dr here and she knew where to look for my problem.  15 minutes later we had a plan.  And finally I had answers to many, many years of medical problems.  No, I don't think the Drs are better here, I just think it was meant to be for us to come home.

We needed to be home for so many reasons... 

...but it doesn't mean we don't miss Louisiana.  We certainly do!  Some days my heart aches for what we left behind.  And yet, in others it rejoices in the moments we are in.  

I love everyone who has ever been a part of my life.  You are a blessing - well, if you weren't then you were a lesson.  I just hope my friends understand.  I hope you don't forget us and I hope you come to visit.  We would sure love to see you.



We are here now, and that is what counts.  

Embrace your moments - wherever you are planted.  

No comments: