Saturday, May 14, 2011

Itsa Comin' :-(

"Louisiana flood: US to open spillway, deliberately inundate 3K miles in state to save New Orleans"

"Waiting for the Flood"
"Areas Will Be Flooded to Protect Louisiana Cities" (cities being New Orleans and Baton Rouge)
"Too Much Water: Army Corps Will Deluge the Bayou to Save the Big Easy"
"Entergy (electric company) Storm Center.. Keep up with information on power outages during this event.."
Those are just some of the headlines we are seeing today... (all have links)
We are the bayou.  We are the area expected to flood.  We are in a state of emergency.  It is us - a lot of us's... I know that is not a word... (I see Sarah shaking her head here)  It is thousands of us they are flooding to save hundreds of thousands.  Yes, I know it makes perfect sense - but there are people that get hurt in the process of that.  We are watching, hoping, praying...
Here is a thought - where are the people from those places we are saving?  Not here helping us.  They should all be down here volunteering their time to help save the ones who are suffering on their behalf.  Agreed?  Nuf said.
Our (Steve's and mine) belongings are out of the way - just in case.  We called in a moving company and they loaded us in 16+ hours.  More about that later.  The first half of the load was great, the 3rd quarter not so great, the last quarter, everyone was on edge.  WHY didn't they break it up in 2 days like they were supposed to?  Would have been much more efficient for sure.  More.  On that later.
Our daughter and her family have packed everything they cannot replace.  They will take that loot and leave everything else if they have to evacuate.  If you read about Lake Palourde, she lives in the subdivision bordering it.  It is a wait and see game.  We are supposed to be ok here in Morgan City.  When they open the Morganza, they have 3 days before it arrives in our area.  Ugh.  *stomach in knots*
Of course we are concerned when you read  THIS
Steve and I are leaving Monday morning to go to Oklahoma.  Bittersweet feelings here and feelings of apprehension and excitement for what is to come in Oklahoma.  Feelings of apprehension and dread of what is coming to Louisiana for family and friends.  Lots of prayers going up.  Again, it is a wait and see thing.
I can't blog right now, too busy getting ready to get out of here.  Will blog and add pictures later.  Sorry I am so sporadic right now - it shows how my life is going though  ;-)
Thanks for being so patient.  I will get back to regularly scheduled posts soon.  Itsa promise!

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I have been praying for you guys like CRAZY! I wish you two and your peeps would just grab my nephew Ross and head on to Denver! We could have fun while it happens. Seriously.
LN

Anonymous said...

Hey crazy girl--I did not shake my head at you--I am with you all the way. stay safe and keep posting. Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that Morgan City is going to be all right with the Morganza open. Tommy has family there and I am praying they have done as you and Steph and prepared to leave the second they need to. Godspeed to all of you. Sarah

cajunsis said...

Thanks Sarah and Noelle. I will be there someday Noelle, but I am looking for a house for you to come visit in Oklahoma. Sarah, you are so sweet not to shake your head at my post! Lol... I cannot see how it is going to be ok too - but we shall see. I sure hope Tommy's family is prepared as well. Good luck!