Tuesday, May 24, 2011

House #2

Driving out to house number 2, we weren't nearly as impressed with the outside, and it was only 5 acres - which is plenty for me, but not so much for my hubby.  However take a look this - unimpressive isn't it?



However, when we walked into it, we changed our minds...


 It had a 'tuscany' feel and was beautiful inside - very relaxed and nice.  Very much like Steve and I like to be  :-)


The kitchen was great!  It was nice and open with a door (on the left there - look in the previous picture) going out to what would be Steve's outdoor  kitchen:





This is the first time I have even encountered concrete counter tops (and floors!) - and darned if I don't LOVE them!   They are great!



The master bedroom and bathroom were wonderful!  I can't even imagine having a place like this:



A bathroom like this would be a dream!



The patio is perfect for Steve to build an outdoor kitchen:


And it had an herb garden right beside the patio.


Heck, it even had the beginnings of a garden out by the garden shed:


How cool is that for the borders?  Mulch and borders all in one!


The yard is beautiful:



The house did not photograph as well as I hoped it would - it was charming and very inviting.  We loved it!  The drawback on this one?  The view from the front door (and the master bedroom):


Not so pretty, is it?

I love the house, but I don't think it will make the short list.  However, I did find out I would highly consider concrete floors and countertops after seeing this one.  Oh, and I will take note of some of the decorating ideas... and garden borders.  I am learning a lot while on our little adventure.


Even learning how to make something (what do I call this?) to hang your trinkets from:



But, mostly I am learning that looking for rural property is exhausting!  Lots of miles on the road to rule out ones you do not want to see and lots of miles going back to see the ones you are interested in.  We come home whooped every single night... but so far, house number 1 is at the top of the short list.  Hope we find more to consider today or tomorrow... we are not stopping yet!

Off to look at more places.  Be back soon - I think we finally have reliable internet!  WHOOT!

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I love house hunting! I love that you can take whatever idea you want from each house and after you have your decision make it work in your new home! :)

Swimtaxi said...

Bless your heart!

The floods drove you out of MC and today there were horrible tornados in Oklahoma.

I hope all is well.

Carey said...

I love looking at houses. gives you ideas of what you want and quickly what you dont want! loved the floors and countertops too on this one. :)