Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Touch of Randomness

My feet are SCREAMING!  I actually heard one of them yelp when I brought a tennis shoe near it.  It nearly tripped me trying to get away from the shoe!  My poor feet do not know how to handle all this extra mess on them.  Shoes?  Socks?  Are you kidding??




After 2.5 years of this...


They are rebelling against the alternative. But.  They don't like being cold, so we are wrestling with the difference between freedom and warmth.  Warmth is winning, but I swear I hear them whining from within the shoes.  I am terribly afraid someone else is going to hear - how will I explain the muffled cries coming from my shoes??


I gotta tell you, they are loving these though!  The feetsies thank the person that made them profusely.  They can be warm AND free all at the same time.  Thank goodness for friends  :-)



Speaking of friends... girly?  You practicing?


You all need to keep on encouraging her to be brave and adventurous - she won't do it on her own!  Stay after her - and do it for me, please?

I heard from another friend, Sue.  Her hubby had to have stints after miserably failing a stress test.  She is going in to have a stress test soon, too. Please keep her in your prayers - and her hubby, Phil.  He just had the stints done. 


Megan?  I thought of you when I took this picture:


Can you figure out why?  No, silly not the jewelry (we know what a jewelry person you aren't)... so now... what is it?


Missing this site... it was a daily part of my life for the entire time I lived in Singapore:



Have you ever heard of the Jesus crucifix catfish bone?  When I was taking those gorgeous pictures of the sunrise the other day, I was thinking what a gorgeous gift the colors are from God.  Just as I thought how thankful I was to be able to embrace and enjoy it, I looked down and saw this:


Look closely and you can see the crucifix on it.  Cannot see it?  Look here.  Pretty darned amazing isn't it?  It was a great reminder of why I am able to view this beauty.  What a blessing!

Well, I have been busy trying to stuff 7 suitcases of 'stuff' into this little camper.  It isn't working, but I am getting close.  Steve is supposed to be home today, don't know what he has planned, but I am looking forward to him being a sardine in here with me.  I sure do miss him when he is gone. 

I met a new friend yesterday - she is a neighbor in the campground.  She is the third person I met since we came here.  We are going to go to THAT STORE in a bit - it will be nice to have a friend to go with.  We all know how much I like that store... lol...

The first two people we met are our next door neighbors.  They live here after the hubby had a stroke.  They had lived in Missouri and came down to visit their son.  While here, the dad had a stroke, was hospitalized, and then put in a nursing home.  She couldn't stand it, so she removed him and they have parked the camper here and are going through rehabilitation right here beside us.  I cannot imagine going through rehab from a stroke in a camper.  Will  you please keep Nancy and Bill in your prayers?

I realized I have not renewed our registrations on our vehicles.  One of the problems of being spread out all over the world is you never know where your mail is or what is overdue.  I am off to do that today and get my inspection sticker (yes, I noticed Peg, but I was gone in May  ;-), and I am sure I can find a few other things to do... like stomp the drug store?  Still have not gotten my meds from them yet.  Mix up at the Drs, mix up at the drug store, mix up at the supplier... beginning to think it is not meant to be for me to get well...

Tata for now.  Later gator.  Be back soon...

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

I sure hope that medicine is your miracle cure, Sis and that you figure out your new reality before the holidays. BTW: I would miss the beautiful sights of Singapore too:) Love and miss you lots...