Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Who Am I Kidding?!

I have to make a Thanksgiving meal.  As I said yesterday (or the day before), there are logistics to figure out, so I have been trying to work through those logistics.  I am very good at getting things done ahead of time during the holiday meals in a relaxed manner - I do have a lot to do on Thanksgiving day, but for the most part, I cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time, make the cranberry salad and get the dressing close to ready.  We have always had two refrigerators too; one for the food and one for the drinks.  Of course, when we are making holiday meals the food fridge overflows and I have to use the drink fridge for the overflow...

So you already know I am staying in a camper.  Our daughter has a nice fridge at her place, but I can't stay over there all the time chopping and cutting.  So I took some stuff to her place and brought some home.  The sweet tators came with me - I needed to peel, chop them, then steam them and get ready for the brown sugar glaze I use.  I peeled, chopped and steamed them.  Then I set them aside to cool.  I had also brought the turkey back with me so Steve can prep it to go on the SMOKER!  A REAL smoker - not a BBQ grill.  I tossed the turkey into the sink to prep.  As I am mulling over where to put it while I am washing dishes, I realize will also have to find a place to put the sweet tators for a few minutes as well.  It is at this precise moment that I realize...

Are you ready for this?


I realize that I have a huge... errr, ok, very small... problem staring me in the face.



I HAVE A BARBIE OVEN AND A BARBIE FRIDGE! 


I don't even have room for a tub of butter - what the heck will I do with a turkey and the sweet potatoes??

And to cook stuffing and sweet tators at the same time?  Are you kidding?


Do you see how small that is?  LOOK at the salt and pepper shakers - does that tell you?  A cup of hot chocolate would overload my oven!


So I have been teasing our friends in Singapore about the Barbie ovens, Barbie refrigerators... but did I ever laugh when I realized I was in the same boat!  Lol... don't even get me started on Barbie washer and driers...  I have to go to a laundromat!

So you all can laugh at me - or better yet laugh WITH me!  I was rolling laughing out loud at myself for teasing you.  It serves me right.  I love your Barbie toys; and I love my Barbie camper  :-)  Give me a break ok?  I got it - just a little late and a dollar short.


So did I make your day?  Nope, not yet?  This will make your day:


Isn't he pitiful??  Check out the bare feet in the background.  It is the dead of winter and see how it is in south Louisiana?!  Green grass and bare feet.  Send snow!


If that picture didn't make you laugh - this one is sure to:



The things you do for your kid  :-)  




Have a happy Thanksgiving!  

And I hope every one gets (at least) a Ken sized oven to bake in.

No comments: