Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Round and Round the World We Go


The flights to and from the states are long.  I have said that before, but I thought if I showed you, maybe there would be some grasp at just how long they are.  This time we went through Moscow - I don't know if it was a better flight or not, and I may not know for several days.  Right now, I think not - but we all know that as tired as I am, I am not thinking clearly either.  I was not thinking so clearly at the beginning either - I didn't start in New Orleans.  

Anyway, here are a few shots of our flight path - they are not clear but you can see where we went:





This was taken over Norway - isn't it amazing?




This was taken just before we got to Moscow:



The plane had to get de-iced in Moscow.  It was a bit cold there:



I think it was at this point that I decided I didn't need to continue to take pictures, we just needed to GET there.  I took 'long' shots... lol...


And finally, back to Singapore:


Anyway, I hope it helps to understand how long the flight is.  We expats that do it all the time understand, but I really don't think there is any concept of just how miserable the flight is unless you have been there/done that.  29 hours in transit this time - much too long.  

Frequent flyer miles?  People have asked about that...  Yeppers, we have a few.  Steve is platinum, I am only gold - and that is ok.  It means he flew more than me and I *really* don't care!  roflmao...

We have flown completely around the world now - our 'normal' flight path is through Japan and over Alaska.  Let me tell you folks - it is a big world and there is a lot of land not yet used  ;-)

However, looking at Norway - I think it may just have to stay that way. 

No comments: