Sunday, March 7, 2010

Haze Warning! :-(

But if it smells like smoke, looks like smoke, and breathes like smoke, and drops ashes like smoke (think sugar cane season in Louisiana) - then I say to heck with haze - it is SMOKE!  

I have been having a hayfever attack since I got back from the states - you know, the kind that makes your eyes water all the time and you cannot quit sneezing to save your life?  It appears that Indonesia is having a burn off and it is affecting us - and our view, but on our environmental site, it does not say our air quality is bad.  However, take one look at this picture:


And then compare it to this picture:


You might see things from my side of the window.  Can  you see we have a problem here?  lol... 

It is so early in the year to have burn offs - what the heck is going on?  And our little island is so dry!  Where is the rain?  Can someone send it in please?  I would love to be able to open my eyes again, not sneeze and actually breathe.  

Look at the school yard - it is supposed to be green  :-(


It is so dry here!  I hope I didn't make you cough and gag just by looking at these pictures  ;-)  In Singapore, unlike in the US, we cannot get over the counter meds.  There is no Zyrtec, Benadryl, Tylenol, or Robitusson readily available to us to swap out and find out the one that is going to knock this ick out of us.  Sooo, Benadryl is not working for me.  I have taken 5 Prednisone pills and stopped - prescribed by my US physician - I didn't just do that, but it didn't cut it anyway.  So my next request is for you to pray for rain  :-)  I want to play outside!

My side is sssooooo much better!  I went back to the Dr and he has determined I had several things going on.  One was an ulcer gnawing at my side. Secondly, he believes I did have post infectious Gastritis from the food poisoning last year.  He has treated me for both and I had immediate relief.  PRAISE GOD!   About the Gluten Free diet - he wants me to keep a log on the food I eat and pay attention to symptoms like the rash.  He thinks this may just be a food allergy and not so much gluten.  I bet he is on to something - we shall see.  However, my side is healing, and I feel much better that way.  Now to get the hayfever under control and I will be playing all day again  :-)  Watch out Singapore - here I come!  Just bring on the rain!

Bringing you up to date on our brother... he is now out of the hospital and home sleeping.  It has been a rough few days on him; his back is not in good shape and laying perfectly still has not done well for him.  However, if he is good and takes it really easy for 2 weeks to let his heart heal, they think there will be little/no permanent damage - so our prayers have been answered!  This has been a really rough lesson on him and he says God saved him for some big plan so he is going to figure out what it is and get down to business working on it  :-)  Thank God and you for answered prayers.  Please remember to say a prayer of thanksgiving for us.

I have not been able to think straight, answer e-mails or stay at the computer through the tears, so please just bear with me, pray for rain and be patient.  I am also in the process of changing computers as this one (the old one) keeps shutting down and the new one is in the living room.  That is also taking some time.  I have e-mails going here and there and cannot seem to figure out how to get them all going to one place.  It is probably due to the lack of oxygen getting to my brain at the moment - but I will get there.  In the meantime, I miss you, but I am here - just lost in the blubbering tears and sneezes  ;-)


No comments: