Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It Is All In The Face

Do you know what this is?



This is an animal trap.

My neighbor did it. I cannot prove it, but I know without one iota of a doubt that this trap was not there, 2 feet from my yard, last week when I was washing the overhang on our house. I would have noticed - in fact, I was admiring all his crab traps - and wondering how many rats they collect.

Steve confronted him, but of course he denied it. I am so broken hearted for my cat - I worry if she is somewhere hungry. I pray God is taking care of her. It is out of my hands. I must concede I have done everything I can and no amount of broken heart can bring her back.

The sorry neighbor I think trapped her had 6 freaking dogs that I listened to bark every time I stepped out my door. My friends laughingly called them my doorbells. I was not amused. I even ran after a couple of them when they got out several times. I was not amused to do that either, but I did not trap them and take the away or hurt them. I didn't poison them and I was never mean to them.

The trap sits there. It is like a thorn in my side and in my face every day.

I dislike my neighborhood - all except Mrs Francis. The neighbors with the 6 dogs, the neighbors with the side business that makes 57 cars come to their house on the first of the month and the neighbors that play jive music so loud the festival does not need to play music - it is played for them. Some neighbors I do not know so I cannot say I dislike them; but if I say hi to them, the just glare - not just at me - at each other and everyone else - everyone snarls at everyone. Mrs Francis said the same thing - no one is friendly any more. Our neighborhood did not used to be like this... what has happened?

It all went downhill when Robin sold his house to the 'business' neighbor and now we have this to look at:



This used to be a prim and proper house and yard. Not a strand of grass out of place. It used to be beautiful. But Robin sold this place. This is now our next door neighbor - no it never looked like this before :-( It all went down hill from there. They moved in and their friends moved in and their friends, and so on and so on...

Now you know why I went to Singapore and did not want to be alone by myself here.

It gets worse, but today I am not going there. I get the heeby jeebies just thinking about everything. Just keep us in thought and mind as we try to decide what to do next.

Now, on to better things. We finished the fair. The final day we planned to do the rides with the one price bracelets - and we did. pR had a blast! It is all in the face - just check her face out the pictures:





Now for a blast from the past and a history lesson. Remember these?




Now the history lesson:



We had a minor problem here - all she wanted was a snowball (shaved ice with flavored syrup on it) lol... They did eventually see her - or maybe it was the money waving in the wind? :-)



pR didn't win a bunny like she tried very hard to do, but she did win something else. Someone attacked us with the silly string that she did win:



Not sure who that was though - I didn't see the guilty party anywhere around, and certainly not with the winnings in hand:


It is all in the face. The smile makes my heart swell :-)

I miss this kind of stuff with our guys in California. I wish we could all live near each other.

Finally, an update on the house. Steve is back and everything is working out smooth as silk. I don't have to deal with a thing and he does. It is time :-) I went to lunch with a dear friend today and didn't worry about a thing.

We have a dishwasher and stove now :-)




And we ate our first meal in our new kitchen:


Now we wait on the doors :-) They will be in today. Oops, today is gone? Okay, so they were supposed to be in today. And they were supposed to be in last Wednesday. And Thursday. And Friday. Monday was Labor Day - they weren't supposed to be in Monday. Today is Tuesday - they aren't here - but I am sure they will be in tomorrow. I now see today and tomorrow cover a lot of days...

No comments: