Monday, April 6, 2009

This Poor Little Doggy





During our stay in Korea, this poor little doggy was every where we went in Okpo. We walked the streets and the doggy seemed to be on every street we were on. I started taking notice the second day we were out - the poor little doggy was soaking wet, looked terribly sad with its head hung down in dejection; it seemed to be wandering aimlessly in the streets. Little did I know.

The more I paid attention, the funnier this vision became. This little doggy walked nice and proud most of the time - at least until it came up to the street 'vendors', then it hung its head low and cautiously approached. The doggy was offered a bit of food to keep it alive. As it walked away, the further it got from the vendor, the bouncier it got - until it spied another culprit. Immediately, it hung its head, tucked its tail and repeated the previous process. I *know* in one day I saw it eat over a half a dozen handouts; rain, cold, or sunny it was out begging. Some people sat plates down for it, some had feasts and others just a small treat.

The final straw came though when we were again walking 'to Michael Jackson's'. There I saw it happily sitting on a porch with a bowl of food and water nearby - its very own porch I am sure. 'Our' poor little doggy was well groomed, nice and clean with a nice padded bed right inside the door.

This is the 'poor little doggy' on his very own porch... lol...



... and waiting for tomorrow, I am sure. I bet you can see why I did not feel so bad leaving this poor little doggy in Korea. It is well trained and well cared for ;-)

Little did I know.


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

That is SO funny about the 'poor' sad doggy. They are smart aren't they? LOL