Friday, April 24, 2009

Batam - Our First Time :-)

Bloggers have a connection - some more than others. L is one that posts on my blog quite often, and I have always admired the travels they do and the adventurous nature about her and her hubby. I met L at lunch on Thursday, but she had already invited us to their place in Batam, Indonesia for the weekend. Batam is only a 45 minute boat ride away - but it seems like half a world away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore. Singapore is always fast paced, no matter what you are doing or where you are going. It is a 'full speed ahead' city - on a fast track to every destination.

Batam is quite the opposite - well at least it is at L & J's place. They own our dream home ;-) From the moment we stepped in, we were in love with their place. It is wide open to the natural world God gave us, and all of its critters. Just take a look at part of their home:










Of course the beauty of the island is part of the charm.
















The water was crystal clear - take a look at this school of minnows:




We browsed around while visiting, stopped at leisure to take pictures and relax, and laughed at silly people. Ok, so they laughed at me while I took pictures - but it was a great day :-)






And we laughed at J:




And we all dreamed about flying over the ocean:



John challenged me, but someone chickened out when I said, "Let's go!"


I don't think I got the shot J was hoping for, but I gave it my best shot. Her toes are dug in J, is it close enough? Not water, huh? Well, I think I will just have to go back and try again. Oh. Darn. ;-)





It was so relaxing to go to L & J's and enjoy their peace. Steve and I had a great visit. It is truly a Heaven on earth. I don't need to go to Hawaii anymore - Batam is beautiful.

Ok, maybe I just need to go to Hawaii so I can cross it off of my 50 states goal list and get a plate - but there is no way it can beat Batam.


Thanks L & J for a wonderful day :-)

2 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

Thanks L & J for a wonderful day :-)
=====================================

..... and you are both very welcome indeed. We enjoyed the day as much as you did.

The photos you took are just wonderful. I might consider getting a Nikon D40 myself after all.

:-)

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

beautiful pics. makes me wanna go to Batam!