Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Few Interesting Sites

We went to the Chingay Parade http://www.chingay.org.sg/2009/parade.asp last week and these are just a few of the sites I saw while out and about. If you looked at the picture in the Singapore flyer section, you saw the green 'football' field out in the water. This was next to it - and on the 'field' were lots of other decorations, but they were too far away to get a good picture of:






I keep thinking about buying one of these to get around town with; luxurious seats, wheels, and a headlight - what more could I ask for? Steve could be my driver and I could take in the sights. Think of how many more pictures I could take! Note the granite building that it is parked by - they always say opposites attract :-)






Singapore is the safest place on earth - at least we feel like it is possible it could be. They are prepared for the smallest infraction - or the largest intrusion:
















Ducks roam the streets in Singapore:






The entertainers are always fun to mingle with; they are always so happy, talented and appreciative:











This is two guys, can we say "ouch"?







This little girl followed her parents all around the parade route - she was quite a cutie and kept up nicely. We saw her repeatedly over and over during the day - this was about 4 hours into our walking. She was such a trooper and I just wanted a picture to bring back a smile:





It was a fun day - I always like taking in the culture. The sights never cease to amaze me when we go out. I wonder why I cannot just make myself go out alone?


No comments: