Thursday, February 5, 2009

10 Flights of Stairs Daily and...


... working up to 8 more.

Every day, at least once a day, I go out to our stair well and climb down the stairs, check our mail, then climb back up the stairs. We live on the 10th floor and the mailboxes are in the carpark - which is also the basement.

When I first started, it was difficult to say the least. I could barely make it 4 flights, then 5, and now I start getting winded at 5, but can go to the 7th floor without thinking I am going to die.

Today, on my trip down, I decided to take a picture of my stairs. Everyone that knows me, knows I love stair pictures - I have a bazillion pictures of stairs. So you are treated to one set of pictures of my stairs today:




While doing the routine walk down, I decided that I will make it my goal to go to the top of the stairwell, which in our lobby has 18 floors. Looking up, I think it might be quite an accomplishmment.

Ok, so we all know I have climbed hundreds of flights looking back through my pictures for the last two weeks. However, during our hikes there is always anticipation of what is on the end of that stair case. We have found, more often than not, it is more stairs - but we never know, so the anticipation keeps driving us onwards and upwards.

I know what is at the bottom of these stairs; it is a carpark. I know what is on the 10th floor; relief, water and rest. I don't even anticipate getting to the 18th floor - there is nothing there either except going down 8 more flights of stairs to get back to our condo.





Looking down, THEN up, I KNOW it will be an accomplishment to do the entire 18 flights - one way, Can I do it back again? Who knows? Who would have thought I could do 10 flights of stairs - up AND down? Heck, I can't even believe I actually can climb the 10 flights! I am pretty darned proud of myself :-) Can you imagine climbing 18 flights?


Bored with stair talk are you? So may I suggest you change your background on your blog? Or better yet, don't! As my brother would say, "Don't do it - it is a TRICK!" Did you notice the new background for my blog? Yesterday and today has been spent entirely reworking it. I had this Einstein idea that I wanted to change my background - I was bored - and thought it would be so easy just to change my background I would just do that. I had no idea it erases every single thing you had before - except the blog. Thank goodness it did not erase my blog! However, I do have it backed up in two other places folks - hubby suggests 3, my own computer as well.

When I found out what I had done, I was so disappointed I could have cried. I had just hit 5,000 hits on my counter and had flags from all over the world :-( I was even learning new countries because when I had no idea what the country was, I looked it up and learned more about it.

Be sure and hit the play button at the top right side of the page. Yes, I know, a bit small. Just pull out the magnafying glass until I find another slider. I am sick of looking... lol...

So here it is, half way through the day and I say enough of this. My blog will stay as is for a bit. I have it mostly redone, but I might add a few fun things later.

Now I must go iron a weeks worth of clothes. Ugh. Now THAT might be worth getting a maid for ;-)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I am very proud of you, Sis! It is hell for me to climb three flights at school with my knee! You are doing great and I think we need another skinny pic of you!