Thursday, January 8, 2009

Note To Self...

...Pay internet and cable before you leave the country. We had a mix up in the payment history and when we finally got to Singapore (have I ever said what a miserable trip that is?) I tried to let everyone know we were safely here - but we had no internet. UGH. Anyway, we are here, safe and sound and Singapore is... here and hot.

This morning, I went with Steve to the mall (the only place to take care of the internet situation), and we ate a quick lunch. I feel like caca to say the least - I cannot imagine he feels much better - but he is at work. I should act surprised now, right? *surprise!*

NOT!

I left there, went to our local grocery mall and got a basket full of groceries. I decided a walk would be ok since my ankles are horribly swollen from the trip and getting the heart beating might help me loose the extra fluid. THEN I found out I had brought the wrong grocery trolly and it would not help me get my 15 bags of groceries home. I am sure I did not have that many - but it was way too many to try to get home alone with out a trolly.

Soooo.... I waited on a taxi. And waited. And waited. Finally, one came, I loaded it in the trunk while the nice taxi driver waited in the drivers seat looking forward (no the driver did not help), and took the shopping cart back up the ramp to get my dollar back, hopped in the taxi and came back to the condo. I paid the driver, and he sat in the taxi while I toted the 20 bags of groceries (notice it grew) to the door, used the magnetic key to open it, dropped the bags by the elevator and went back for another 2 loads - repeating the process each time. Then I called the elevator, shuffled the 30 bags of groceries into the elevator all the time listening to it saying "doooe closing!" in that insane asian voice.

I hit the button enough times to get the 30 bags of groceries in and hit the 10. While going up I reshuffled the bags and slung them out the door on the 10th floor while the nasty voice on the elevator kept yelling "DOOOEE CLOSING!" After I kicked the stuff out and yelled back, "ok, close the damned door!" and slung the 40 bags of groceries down the hall to our door of the condo. I unlocked the door, slung the 50 bags inside, and closed/locked to door and moved the 60 bags into the kitchen and unloaded them. Believe me, by this time, I don't give a rats ass if we ever eat again. Shopping in Singapore is such a pain in the last! Having no car is not an easy life. Being exhausted does not help.

Anyway, we are here and I have some groceries to get us by until I feel like doing the ditto thing again - or waiting on backup from my dear hubby.

We flew 23 hours and 35 minutes one way to enjoy the life of Singapore - and that is not including layovers. I never knew this world was so big until I decided to fly half way around it. Why do people love to travel?? I just don't get it! I have jet lag from hell and I feel like ick.

Off to rest and maybe I will survive - I will let you know in a day or two. If you are thinking a nice trip over here might be the thing to do, please don't bother. Just save yourself the pain, you won't feel good enough once you get here to enjoy the nice hot weather anyway. Being this tired is SO not worth coming to see us.

We love you though :-) and we miss you. And our vehicles.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Euvah,
Glad to see you are back and enjoying the Singapore life again. I so relate and I only have to get up 6 floors. When you feel better give me a call or an e-mail. Just think-we are in the middle of monsoon season so the weather is not so hot!!hahahahahhaha
Sarah

surprisetriplets said...

We miss you already Sis! I hope you recover from the trip quickly. At least you'll have some food to tide you over until you're feeling better...