Monday, January 19, 2009

More China Town Fun :-)




I MUST have a frog like this! Is this a Chinese lucky money toad? Where can I get one? Darn! So much research! *scratches head*

I thought he was brass, but looking more closely at the picture I took, I think he might have been a heavy resin. He was sitting guarding our river all alone. A few days later he was gone. I hope only good will came to him and I am so glad I took a picture of him before he departed.

I miss him. Heck, he might have been a prince! OR our lucky money toad! Drats!


While we were in China Town on Saturday, we saw a crowd and our curiosity lured us to the crowd. Here was a man painting Chinese Characters - with two paint brushes one in either hand!




The children are watching very closely.
I hope they are learning :-)




Then he painted two characters at once with ONE hand:




He then painted the Chinese characters with his TOES:


"Jack be Nimble, Jack be quick…" - Jack was definitely nimble - look at how he was stretched out! And yes he was very fast at making his art :-)


However, the best part was when he stood on his head a painted Chinese characters with is toes!



Some of the final results?



AWESOME dude!

I was definitely impressed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That frog 'prince' has your name all over it. However, you already
have your prince.


celia

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Did you kiss that toad for luck? LOL !!! The guy painting with his toes is certainly impressive.