Saturday, August 20, 2022

Life Today

This IS my life. 
I don’t brag on it. I don’t dwell on it.
If I do, it is because I need to vent.
I do try to bring awareness to Primary Immunodeficiencies. 
And I try to shut up about it - though sometimes 
I would just like others to try to understand 
or act like it is
an important part of my life
And pretend I am worth the moment.

Some days, it isn’t worth chewing through the restraints.

Those days, my room entertains me.

I listen to music.

I fret about life stuff.

I miss my kids.

I watch the wildlife.

I dream.

Most of the time, 

I am great in my own little world.

Other days, I just need a friend.

My friend moved. The one that cared. 
The rest are… ones that don’t. 

We chat. 
About sewing. 
About the weather. 
About quilt shows. 

No one really cares,
Like a friend cares
I am on an IV antibiotic
Not one message.
Not one call.

Wait. 
My elderly friend did message.
🙂

The rest?
Nope.

But I am fine.
And I would tell you I was
Even if I wasn’t.
Because I know 
it doesn’t even matter

I do miss my friend.
She could see it in my eyes
Hear it in my voice.
She did care.
But she is far, far away.

This *is* my life.

For the rest of my life.

Today, the restraints are tough.

But who cares?






Watching one deflate as the days progress.

It is a struggle.
A stressful one.
                                         A lonely one.

 Tomorrow I pull up my bootstraps 

and plow through again.

Because contrary to popular belief 

*I* do matter

To me.

No comments: