Monday, July 28, 2014

Tah DAH!

Remember that jelly roll quilt I showed you in the last post?  I finished it!  From beginning to end it is all me;  I did the piecing, the quilting, the binding and it is FINISHED!  

TAH DAH!




Ok, my hands do not work well - we all know that - my left one in particular.  So here is my quilting; it might be jerky and uneven, but it is fine with me - I did it and I love it.  AND it is my first ever!  I will get better, right?





While I was doing the first one my friend, Sharon, was watching while working on a quilt herself - not a jelly roll quilt... and I think she enjoyed seeing mine come together.  When Sharon got home she dug through her pile of quilting loot and came back a few days later with a fabulous JELLY ROLL.  We decided we would do our jelly roll quilts at the same time. They are super cool and easy to make and take no thought at all!  I LOVE how they come out so RANDOM.  

Here is my finished second top - still gotta quilt it, but I have the top finished: 



And here is Sharon's very first one - and I assure you, not her last:



Aren't they terrific??  

If you ever wanted to start a quilt, HERE is the place to start.  You can co a lap quilt in a day!  You will love the results - I promise!  It is nothing like the old boring thing of sewing clothes.  

Quilts take your breath away.  Your first breath goes when you touch the fabric.  Another breath or two or three as you cut the fabric.  You loose another one or two as you are sewing the fabric.  You gasp when you see the finished quilt top.  Then you get it quilted and you nearly hyperventilate from excitement!  Finally, after your binding is on, you put it on your bed, cuddle under it and sigh.  

You sigh because it is yours.  

And you sigh because you are already thinking of the next one you will make.

Make.  A.  Quilt.

It will make you smile.


No comments: