Monday, July 7, 2014

Seriously, Girls?

Daddy built you a total of 8 nesting boxes and we have 20 additional acres here - but the only place to lay an egg is where Susie is?  Yes, I know, Clara has been hogging her box on the left for a week.  I even moved Clara for you... you know she was in 'your' favorite box and all.  Clara is nesting on an empty box even, because me - mommy - keeps taking her eggs.  I don't want any more roosters and we have found out with a hatch comes more than 50% roosters.  So Clara is not allowed to hatch any eggs... and she has been moved - demoted - to a box no one likes.

But you three hens, MUST have Susie's box to lay your eggs.  You growl, whine, holler, cackle, grabble... you stomp, cry, fight for first dibs and yap for hours because Miss Susie is using the ONLY BOX you want to lay your eggs in!  Miss Susie is USING the box because she made it to it first!  Let her lay her egg in peace!



I had to try to film you - granted, you didn't put on the show you do for me, but we can still see you pacing and chattering...



Poor Susie.  Talk about stressful!


Even Clyde and Belle have had enough!



They are glaring at the chicken coop. Can't you see they are tired of your bickering as well?


You are noisy.

You are on my last nerve.

You have to be exhausted.

*I* am exhausted listening to your bickering.


PSST!  Just USE ANOTHER LAYER BOX!

It is that simple.


No comments: