Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quick, Easy and Fun!

My daughter-in-law, Cheyenne, gave me two "jelly rolls" for my quilt making a couple of years ago for Christmas.  Yesterday, I didn't feel like working on the quilt I had going, so I decided to pull out the jelly rolls.  There wasn't enough in one to make a quilt, so I decided to combine the two and make a lap quilt.  

I had seen this video a while back about taking the pieces of fabric and sewing them end to end.  So I started this lap quilt doing that.  When I finished the end to ends, I sewed the two ends side by side and kept repeating this process until I was finished.  This part of the quilt top, with me lolly gagging, visiting with Steve, snoozing and sewing took me about 3 hours total!  The best part about it - it was not a planned quilt, so I had no preconceived idea what it was going to look like! 

I still need to add the border and quilt it - or maybe I will just 'tie' it.  It will make a wonderful lap quilt for my living room.  It was an easy, fun quilt to work on - gonna have to do this again 'cause I love it!  It reminds me of quilts granny Daisy made.  She used a lot of random pieces of fabric and made us awesome quilts.  I still treasure them to this day.  I have worn those out - so this one will take the place of a Granny Daisy quilt.

Thank you, Cheyenne for providing the 'jelly rolls'.  Your gonna love this one when you come to visit!  



Confused as to how it was made?  

Watch THIS!


Hey, Cheyenne, I am super excited about your visit!  Can we sew a quilt together?
 

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

It's beautiful! I'm so impressed that you can create quilts and sew. I wouldn't have the first clue how to even begin :) Love you, Sis!