Wednesday, July 2, 2014

If You Haven't Figured It Out...

Someone removed my background on my blog.  It was not me that didn't pay Photobucket - it was the yoho I got that background from.  Sooo, I have been using Google backgrounds and I am not impressed.  

Dealing with it. 


Moving on... I made a baby quilt for an 'adopted' nephew, Keith, and his wife, Michelle, last week.  Keith was Carey and Jennifer's cousin.  We love Keith and are so proud of who he has become despite the crummy circumstances of his family.  I won't go into details, but he had a very difficult upbringing and is doing great despite everything he has been through.  This is just more proof that you can succeed in life no matter where you came from!


Here is the quilt I made for little Bristol, their daughter.  It is called a 'rag quit' and is very easy to make: 






I also made some burp cloths - super simple!  I took 3 pieces of flannel, cut them to shape, sewed an inch around the edge of the entire three then clipped the edges.  Once all were made, I tossed them in the washer and washed them.

Wha-la!  They are done!



Thanks so much to my friend, Sharon, for sharing this little trick with me!


Here is the final gift:



I love sewing.  I missed it for so long.  I am so glad I have found it again.  I am even happier that I found quilting.  

Now if I just found a 'money tree' to help me buy an unlimited supply of fabric... lol...


No comments: