Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vicious Cat Bite! Lol...

A kitten BIT me!  Not a teeny little owie either - it chowed down on my hand and I am sure at least 2 puncture wounds went all the way to my bone!  Well, maybe they ARE 9 teeny tiny owies, but they hurt like heck - and a couple did go to the bone - for real!  Grrrr... Today, I feel like a truck ran over me.  So, here is the story...

We had  just had a great supper at a little Italian restaurant in our town.  Nice ending to a great day - I thought.  We returned to my car which I had parked at a grocery store to find people around it.  When we got out they told us there was a cat under the hood.  Sure enough, "Meow" - there was indeed a cat.  For whatever reason, I have 20 flashlights in the camper, but not one in the car.  I ran into the store, bought a flashlight, and hubby located the little rascal in the front bumper area of the car - under the plastic.  He had to dismantle the bumper, remove the kitten and he handed it to me - thankfully, after it peed on HIM.  I take the nice little kitty, and it immediately starting chowing down on my hands - biting all the way to the bone repeatedly!  OUCH!  

I couldn't drop the teeny critter (hubby would not have been happy to have to remove the bumper again or better yet, drop the engine), and I couldn't get out of its death grip to grab it by the nape of the neck like I should have from the git-go.  It had me embedded in its teeth.  That darned cat (wasn't that the name of a movie?) held on to me for dear life, and there was no way to get it gone without it running back from whence it came.  Sooo, finally the people that had originally found it, grabbed a bucket and we stowed it in there, covered it and I looked down and what did I see?



Blood and chomp bites all over my fingers!  Lots of puncture wounds!  Ok, so it wasn't a picture I took, but I did find out my phone made videos and I didn't even know it!  Let's face it here, I wasn't exactly paying attention to what I hit when I took the picture - but it gives you an idea of what I saw...

I ended up, with much prodding, going into the ER.  I felt like a fool for doing so, and I am sure my dear hubby thought it was a wasted trip; wasting good hard earned money on cat bites we could hardly even find after I cleaned them up.  Yeah, he was THRILLED about going and I was apprehensive they would roll their eyes and toss me out onto the plank for wasting their time.  That Dr didn't even bat an eye though - he had an IV antibiotic in my arm in nothing flat!  He said waiting until tomorrow would have been too late, so I guess I am glad I went in.  I don't think he meant curtains for me, but that the infection would have spread and been harder to deal with.

Today I woke with my entire right side sore as all get out.  The arm is throbbing, finger and lymph nodes are swollen, and I generally feel like a truck ran over me on that side.  I only had 2 puncture wounds on that hand - and 7 on the hand that is barely sore!  To be honest, I also had a flu shot 2 days ago and an IV last night in the sore arm,so it is probably just rebelling.  I am sure I am fine.

Now here is the funny part.  Stray cat under my hood.  Nice people take stray cat to unknown home somewhere far, far away from my tender, bloody fingers to nurture it and let it grow up safely.  Did I remember to get their name and number?  Nope.  Did I even care?  Nope.  Do I know if stray kittens can have rabies?  Nope.  Do I have any way of finding out if that poor innocent baby had creepy crawlies?  Nope.  

All of this because some IDIOT dropped a poor innocent baby off in a grocery store parking lot to be 'found'.  It was terrified!  Don't even get me started on the idiots that would do such a thing!  It ran for its life forever (people in the store told me they had been trying to catch it all day) and was scared to death!  No wonder it bit me - it had been running from monster cars and trucks all day and crazy people trying to catch it.  Never mind there were 7 of us around the car hubby dismantled to get it out...  
 
Do I know if I will get rabies?  (Laughing here... tongue in cheek folks...)  No, I don't.

But I have antibiotics for weeks and memories to last forever. 

That darned cat!  (It was really just a tiny kitten with a BIG bite!)

I hope it grows up to be happy and healthy - and a licker now.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is crazy, Sis. And if you don't get to feeling better, GO BACK IN!!! That is an order! I love you!