Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today Was for the Birds :-)

Today I sat by the little lake and watched the critters - the birds to be specific.  I used to do that for hours on end years ago, but I had forgotten that I enjoyed it and how much it relaxed me.  Today I remembered why I treasured those moments; watching God's critters flitter about.  I vow to do this more often.  More about that later.

What is up with us?   We are doing good.  Living in the camper limits us somewhat, but it is not a bad thing.  I keep getting asked if we have heard anything yet; where we are going, what we are going to do, if we are going to buy a house, where we will live... and we have no answers yet.  I have asked Steve a few times if he has heard anything or if he knows why he hasn't heard anything, but he gets upset.  I realized today that it is just like people asking me; neither of us have any idea, but 'feel' like we need to have an answer for those questioning us and it is extremely frustrating to keep answering the question over and over when we really have no answer.  

Steve has this job in Pascagoula (Mississippi) that will keep him busy until the end of January-ish.  So we really don't need to worry about not having direction until after that job is done.  For now, we like where we are, being back in our little 'playground', near the girls and eating good ol' USA food. 

So, I promise everyone, as soon as we know anything we will share it.  Until then we live by faith, enjoy where we are in life and we are both ok with that.  Amazingly enough, neither of us are fretting over it for ourselves, but more to fill in the blanks for everyone that keeps asking.  We are together and that is what matters - the rest will come.

I went to a different Dr today and as I suspected, he doesn't think the chronic pancreatitis is the problem.  So, back to square one.  He thinks there are several possibilities though; one I do have mild gastroparesis - which means my stomach doesn't digest food fast enough.  He says it does cause pain and it could be that.  He gave me meds to see if that helps.  

I had forgotten I was diagnosed with that a year ago - he is the one that did the test actually.  It was a weird test; I ate and was put under a scanner and it watched my food digest... way too slowly.  Anyway, this Dr said that could be the problem, but my gastroperesis is not that bad.  Instead, he feels there is a very good chance for it to be adhesions - he said he has personally seen it many times; they can cause a lot of pain, do not show up on CAT scans often and the only way to find out if they don't is surgery.  He took blood today to see what my bloodwork shows and we will go from there.

So now you are updated.  My life now is painfully boring, so I don't have much to write about.... lol... so I will share some pictures of my lakeside visit and sign out...

This little shrike picked up a green anole and was eating it for supper.  If you look close, you can see the pour souls feet in the beak of the bird.  Debbie, maybe he ate Charlie  ;-)


 I know it is the vicious circle of life, but I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me...

In another vicious circle of life, I didn't feel so attached to those fish this little cormorant was catching - but he was sure watching me.  I didn't even consider having him for supper, but he thought I was thinking about it - he kept one eye on me while he was fishing:
 


I kept watching this treehouse, and finally just as dusk set, I saw a bird dive into it.  I didn't even have a chance to see what it was.  I will be watching it though:
 


We had lots of rain over the last few days which is why I didn't get to set outside until tonight.  I loved the reflection of the tree in the water.  Wish I could have gotten a tree with a bigger puddle, but there was mud all around the one I wanted.  This one still made me smile:
 


Fall is here and the colors are changing.  I saw a bird across the little lake and took a picture of where it landed.  Now, I know you cannot see it, but there is a cormorant with his wings outstretched on a limb here, but I really just wanted you to see the beginnings of the colors starting to show.
 

South Louisiana is strange.  We never get much 'color' in the trees, and they go from a little color to no leaves at all in a day or two.  No vivid color, just a tad - then gone.  Odd, not like the rest of the country.  I have no idea why.  I like the way the colors are smeared on the water.  There was just a little breeze so that is why it looks like that.

I have seen dozens of bald eagles since I have been home, but I am always in such awe watching them I forget to grab my camera.  One dive bombed me the other day - I hate to tell him, but I am much too big for a snack.  That little doggy next door though... well that is a different story!  I will try to remember to grab my camera.  The bald eagles are breathtaking!

And finally dusk...


My day is done again.  Boring days right now, but it will all pan out.  I will find my balance soon and until then I will enjoy taking more pictures.  Surprised?

No comments: