Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Still Here... Still Ok :-)

I am fine folks.  I get down and hate it.  I have suffered from depression as long as I can remember.  This is something I have dealt with over and over.  When something major changes in my life, I go through periods of deep depression, but I work my way through it.  Sometimes I just have to throw a 'temper tantrum' and yesterday was that day.  Between the depression and the side hurting (we are still working on that) I get bummed.  Yesterday was that day.  Today is a new one and I am over it once again.

What did I do yesterday?  We decorated pR's house for Christmas!  We had a great time - but more on that tomorrow when I actually have my camera and pictures with me. I left it over there at her place... lol...

Today is going to be a random day.  Are you getting sick of those?

I went for a walk early one morning a few days ago and thought I would share some... odd... pictures I took.  Yep, leave it to me to take odd... lol..

Take a look at these and see if you can guess what they are:


 This is taken on my car - just dew drops on the car.


Here they are in a different light - loved the starbursts on here.  Click on the picture and look how many I got:



 A seed sitting in the dew on the car:


Funny a car would interest me that much, isn't it?


While I was walking in the campground, I found this paw print:
 

I am not a pro, but I think it might have been a deer print - any confirmations or denials out there?  I must see the creature - do I creep out in the night to find the source of the print?


I keep trying to stay out of the ominous hole of depression - and I am doing ok.  I went to visit a friend in nearby who is more like a sister to me.  We are often separated for months on end, but every time we get back together, we pick up right where we left off.  Saturday, I went to her place and we just visited.  It was such a nice break.  She has critters, and we all know I love critters.  

 Here is one of her critters:


No, he was not taking a chunk out of her fist even though it looks like it, he was playing with her.  Thankfully he doesn't bite hard - just nibbles... lol...  Dee, I have to say, I loved seeing 'ma's' outline in the picture behind him - she is still looking out for you isn't she?  Lol...


He is very loving - just take a look:




He wasn't sure what to think about my camera though...


Dee and I visited for hours - here she is in her critter pile:
 

We had a great day - now her house in inundated with a dozen kids for the holiday week.  I bet she is having a great time.  Look at the pictures when you need a break girl - it should relax you again.  Thanks for the visit and relaxation.  I had a great time.


Still trying to figure out the logistics of Thanksgiving.  We are in a small camper with a smaller fridge.  Steph is willing for us to have it at her place, but we smoke a turkey which means we get up all night to take care of it.  She wouldn't think *that* was too cool, no would she?  Of course you have prep to do on food and I need space - her place... (?)   She is not into having company for hours on end... lol...but I know she will tolerate me in return for the Thanksgiving feast.  I need to shop, she has the fridge, but does she have the room?  Guess we need to get together for the details, right?

Speaking of details, I need my dear hubby home to help work out the details - and there are plenty.  Can someone please nudge the shipyard to MOVE the unit so we can get on with our lives?  We have details to figure out and I need him HOME to do that. 

Off today with another friend who won't let me take her picture  :-(  We will have a great time though - shopping in a nearby city.  Fun stuffs and sure to ward off the depression. 

Then I go see this gal:


By the way, I am pretty darned proud of the fact her mommy sewed her skirt, her shirt and her jacket.  She is doing a great job outfitting our little munchkin!  Too bad I cannot take any credit for teaching her... lol... 

I heard from someone I met when I was in Korea a few minutes ago... she said the problems/feelings and frustrations that I am feeling right now are very common with an expat moving home. It was nice hearing from her again - I had tried to reconnect on her blog several times, but she had not posted in a while.  I found out she is home and having adjustment troubles of her own.  We will get through it - but it is a very.  odd.  feeling.  being.  home.  

Same but very different, ya know?


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

We have a missionary to China who is a member of our church and I talked to him on Sunday. He said that while the move over seas is horrible, the coming home is ten times WORSE. For some reason, he said the re-patriation is the worse and that he can go to China now and be fine, but when he comes "home" it is awful! I love you.