Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hwy 1 From Los Angeles

Once we got out of Hollywood and the Los Angeles area, we drove up Hwy 1.  Steve and I love that highway - it has beautiful hills on one side and the Pacific on the other side.  It takes my breath away every time we drive on it - and it is not because of Steve's driving either  ;-)  

We have never been south out of San Francisco, so this was all new to us.  The scenery was beautiful.  California, like most other states, changes scenes in just a few miles.  I will just share some of our quiet moments riding in the car enjoying the trip.  Mind you, some of these pictures were taking as we drove, so parts may be blurry.  If I had let Steve stop every time I wanted to take a picture, we would still be trying to get back to San Francisco!



















As we got to see more and more water, Steve found a place and pulled off so we could take a closer look and I could get some pictures.  Check out the rocks in the distance:



Didja see what we saw?



Can you make them out?  We had to get a bit closer so we walked down the path a bit...



What an amazing sight!  We wished we could see even better, but we could still make out the elephant seals!


See the two fighting?


Yeah, you have to look really close, but they put on quite a show  :-)


I think Aedan was pretty darned impressed!  He loved seeing them - and heck, so did we.  I was tickled we had decided to stop at this pull out.



Marcus thought they were pretty darned cool as well!  We had to drag ourselves away from the rest stop - it was so fun to see the wildlife!



There was more at this stop, but you will have to wait and see it tomorrow.  I must get ready for Bible Study.  Are you enjoying the ride with us?

Bet now YOU want to go up Highway 1, right?  It is sooo worth it!

1 comment:

applesofgold said...

I have been the entire length of Hwy 1....as a newlywed passenger in my husbands bright red Honda Prelude. It is a gorgeous drive, and we made some beautiful memories on that trip.