Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dingy Exploring in Thailand

Back to the Thailand vacation... man these trips are tough!  You know, Malaysia, Thailand, now Hawaii.  Yeah, really tough, but someone has to do it, right?  Need to support the tourist industry.  Better yet, I need to have a clear understanding of our world  :-)

While on our adventures in Thailand, we rode a boat to look at caves.  The boat would take us to the general area, we would hop off of it into a dingy, explore, then come back, hop back onto the big boat and go somewhere else to do it all over again.  We always had a guide with us in each dingy, so no worries about being lost.  We had a blast!

"DUCK!!"  is what the guides said when we went to see the caves in Thailand... they were AWESOME!  Not like the normal caves that I am used to seeing in the states, these are in the sides of juts of land out on the middle of the water.  Some went into the land, others went through a wall of it into an open center with a... lake?  for lack of a better word.







So when we got to one particular area...








And the guide strongly suggested we duck...



He really was not joking!





Over the head lighting was not even going to work:


What did we see the once we made it through the cave?  Yes, we did make it through  :-)  You will have to wait and see that tomorrow... this post is too long and I am bushed from our day today.

Hope you can wait!   ;-)

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

How cool!! I am leaving for AR tom. so I'll miss the post. Email me what was there please!
LN

applesofgold said...

Wow. Seriously...that's amazing. But I would freak out in a claustrophobic kind of way if I had to duck like that to get UNDER and inside of a cave. Good for you!

Cajunrose said...

You know? I just don't know if I could do that....lay down on the boat to go under. You guys are quite brave!

Therese said...

Euvah, these photos are amazing!