Sunday, December 6, 2009

East Coast Park


As I said in the last post, we found Mustafa Center.  I gotta tell you again, that I did not enjoy it.  These are some beautiful displays there:





The problem is, do you see how close together everything is?  One thing butted up against the other?  The ENTIRE store - all however many stories and a block wide and deep - is exactly the same way.  Can you imagine?  It is beautiful in the jewelry area, but not so much in clothes, food, and kitchen stuffs.  I suppose it might have something I need, but I doubt I could bring myself to stay in it long enough to find it  :-(

Little India is crowded:



You cannot take pictures without cars blocking your view:



I suppose the Indians are just used to living like that, but for a person with claustrophobia, it is miserable to go to.  However, there are good things to say about Little India, one being the colors are vivid and beautiful:


And Raelee got another gift as usual.  That tow head girl and big blues turn many heads and flicking the lashes gets many gifts.  I think her daddy has a big job ahead of him  ;-)



On to other things.  Elfie is a friend that comes every day to watch over what Raelee does.  He races back at night to tell Santa if Raelee is good or bad.  Then he comes back and hides from her.  She has to find him in the morning so he can watch her.  He has hid in some really goofy places:


He was sleeping in the Christmas tree:


On top of the air con:


And in the dryer of all places:



That could have been dangerous, but lucky for him it was not going  :-)

Some days like the rest of us, Raelee has had enough.  Saturday morning, she rested.  She grabbed her coloring loot, her wrapping paper, scissors, tape and went to the laundry room.  We were in the middle of washing and had piles of clothes sorted.  She nested on a pile of dirty clothes, door politely closed with a 'leave me alone' attitude.  After a few hours of solitude, she was ready for the world again.  


Later in the day we walked over to East Coast Park and showed the girls around.  On the way, we saw our rainbow tree:



And papa got to play 'swing motor' again:


I think he quite enjoys this part of his job  ;-)

Sunday, we decided we wanted to go back to the Science Center.  Rather I should say Raelee decided we needed to go back to the Science Center.  She gets to have fun too, so off we went.  

However, we had this to contend to:



Do you remember THIS post from last year?  I feared the worst, but my dear hubby had figured the way out of the maze.  We think at this point it has been his one year mission - not ever getting trapped in the triangle again.  He has indeed paid attention to exit routes, as he got us out of the area quite painlessly and efficiently. 

We finally made it to the Science Center and had some fun:






By the time we got done at the SC, it was late.  Steve suggested we go to the hawker stand on East Coast Park.  I reminded Steph there was a good chance they had some sand castles there.  Lo and behold, they had better than that - a sand castle professional who taught us to make a sand castle!


To read what this was really about, read HERE

He used Raelee to help him teach:



I LOVE her face here:


Mommy and Raelee gave sand castle building a shot:


And with the Master's help:



And with papa's help:


I know, it is blue - I am pressed for time  :-(

But they accomplished a small castle in  minutes!


Great job girls!  We will be going back to create a master piece on Sunday.  Stay tuned  :-)

Today is China Town - we must finish our shopping.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is Castlebeach's web site-
http://www.castlebeach.org/index.htm


Steve

Noelle Reese said...

You know when it's super crowded and people don't respect my personal circle that is for my use only LOL I have to get outta Dodge too! I much prefer sand castles over crowds LOL