Thursday, December 10, 2009

Singapore Zoo Daytime - Finally!

I FOUND the pics!  Well, actually, I had found them before, but I had no idea how to resave them to JPG - I am still learning folks... lol... For whatever reason (certainly not user error) I took all my zoo pics in RAW format.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I wish I had enough memory to take ALL my pics in RAW - there are sooo many editing possibilities.  Anyway, since they were in RAW, my ACDSee did not recognize them so they never showed up on it for me to see them.  Once I found them I had no idea how to make them visible as I had never worked in RAW.  In comes my super-smart daughter and she rescued them from the depths of my computer and now you will know why I panicked that they were gone.  

My photography skills are improving!  Let me show you... 

The kids got to ride the elephant  :-)




Then mommy and Raelee got to feed the elephants:





And Raelee got more of a view of the elephant than she thought necessary:



And they thought she was the sweetest thing ever and they tried giving her 'pretty eyes' to get more food:


But we had to move on.  This little guy was cute - his mom said she picked her battles and this was not one of them.  He got to  pick his shoes for the day:


Note the elephant is picking his basket as I take this picture  ;-)

What is it with my kids and snakes?  They all LOVE them!


When Steph and Jeremy were little, they used to dig under rocks and leaves for snakes, then they brought them in and put them in the snake cage their dad built.  They also dug for the critters to feed the snakes!  
This kid takes after her mommy.

The zerbras were friendly today:


Love this picture of the pair:


The lion, typical of a guy, was a bit standoffish: 


And she was unamused:


But this one was waiting for supper - of which I didn't want to be:


And this one was just waiting on the right critter to come along:


Kristine, I thought of you when I saw this guy laying around:


Isn't he beautiful?

And I didn't think this guy looked too friendly either:


But this one took my heart:


Lazy bones here would not move for me:


And this one just hung around and stared at me:


I loved the patterns on this fellow:


Raelee was super excited to ride a horsey:


And we went to the great elephant show:


And so the day was a great day - and even better because I can share it with you.  
I am so glad I found my pictures. 

As you can see, I am certainly improving.  Thank everyone for hanging in there with me - it has been a struggle, but between Leone, Steph and I - it is finally coming around.  And thank goodness for Steve's patience and the new lenses he has bought me. I am certain they are helping tremendously.  I can't wait on the macro lens - we have been so busy showing the girls around I have only used it a few times.    

I am getting more pictures ready - just keep on checking.  I am simply warn out to the bone marrow.  I am trying to burn the candle at both ends and beginning to look like it now.  


I will be fine after a little rest.  

That should come around January 15th.  lol... 

No comments: