Friday, August 14, 2009

MMmmmm GOOD!

A friend of mine cooked a brisket for her daughter Carly who is leaving for college tomorrow. Carly told me yesterday not to worry about cooking tonight as she would bring some over. I had promised pR that I would cook dirty rice (a cajun dish) for supper and she was looking forward to it. I started it this evening thinking Peggy and Carly got busy packing and forgot. Lo and behold, there was a knock at my door and Carly popped in and dropped off dinner:



Doesn't it look yummy?

Yeah, I thought it did too! Guess what? I wasn't the only one that thought it looked yummy. pR showed me how sunken her tummy was. She pointed to this side and said there was no food there, then pointed to another place and said, nope, there is no food there. She continued this task to assure me she was plumb empty of food, then asked if she could eat some of the food that Carly brought. My mistake was saying, "Sure!" thinking she would snitch some brisket. I turned around and this is what I saw:



And this is what she left:



Thanks Peggy, I am sure it was yummy! roflmao

I must admit, I did get a bit (the bit on the plate), but I was sure glad you sent a generous portion of food. All *I* got was that bit of brisket. pR loved the rest of it AND a nice huge bowl of dirty rice to boot!

Granny needs to check the hollow legs at the door.

No comments: