Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!

Today is Steve's birthday. It doesn't seem like it. I haven't bought him anything. Why buy him something when we are leaving again? He can't bring it with him and by the time we get back it will be forgotten. I did buy him a card - and promptly lost it. I had bought it early in hopes I could make it seem like a celebration even though M was leaving and we had other things going on.

It is difficult to make life a celebration these days. Visiting with friends and family has been nice. Being home has been nice. However, being sick and doing all of these things not so much. I just want to crawl into a cubby hole and get better - and it is not happening fast.

Some other issues have spoiled my visit; too many to share, but some are too close to home. I just wish I could put the world on 'pause' and so I can catch up to it.

Today I went to get another test done. I don't have the results of it, but it lasted 2 hours. I have been fighting nausea even worse than normal since it was done. I suppose it is my glow in the dark radioactive grits they gave me... I have no idea.

Steve got new tires for his truck and I went to pick him up and had some much needed time with pR before she leaves with mommy and grandma to go to Oregon. We have not had much time together at all - and I have not had any of her mommy time due to everything going on with M.

The saddest thing of all is that I missed a massage appointment that Steph had given me as a gift. I have it rescheduled, but it just ticks me off that I remembered it this morning and that I still forgot it and missed it.

Anyway, I am so frustrated over all the cr*# going on that I just had to vent. There is not enough time in a day. Tomorrow is sure to be a better one - we are packing to go back to Singapore. That should be a great time - NOT... lol... I will just need to look shorter term; we have 3 days with Jer bear and his family. Hopefully that will be a wonderful time - I am counting on it.

Thanks for listening. I will be all smiles again soon. And I WILL make this a good evening for Steve.

No comments: