Monday, October 13, 2008

Name This Critter :-)



Well, it is not my dragon, but I found him in my dragon's spot yesterday.


It is a funny looking guy. It looks like a fish with puffy cheeks. It blows air into the cheeks and 'runs on water' for lack of a better phrase. The side fins are really long, the tail is where I put the "x". Now I need a name.


Can you help name this critter?


Yesterday, when I found this critter, I was on the way to meet another spouse of one of the Schlumberger men. We sat at Starbucks and had a nice, long visit. They are from Ireland and have two grown boys about the same age as our children. It was nice to get out, meet with her and get to know her. I really enjoy meeting all the different people from all walks of life. Steve keeps pointing at the condo they live in, right across the way from us... now I can put a name to her face :-) She gave me some more very useful hints for living here in Singapore; shopping and maneuvering stuff in taxi's. Very nice day indeed! I am always grateful for any help. Thanks, R :-)


Today I am going shopping at a Christmas fair. Pam found out about it and invited me - I am becoming her partner in crime :-) I can't wait to go see what kind of treasures they have there. Steve said spend all his money - he can't take it with him... Maybe he shouldn't have - he might be broke tonight.


Oh wait. We are broke! rofl...


Shopping here is definitely an experience - not like shopping in the states. I will see what they have and share with you tomorrow.


Maybe.


So the game is on! Name the critter, please?

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea what that thing is. The-beast-with-no-name. LOL Love you!

Anonymous said...

Linking this to a fish forum I'm on. Hopefully they will ID it. I'm thinking maybe a dogfish? ~Celia

Anonymous said...

Mud skipper. Usually it come in a community. Search harder, you should able to spot his/her sibling nearby.

Pam said...

uh...no clue and I hope I never run acros one...you find the darndest things!!

surprisetriplets said...

I looked all over and couldn't figure it out. I'm glad somebody knows what it is! I'm still looking for that weird white fish you ate a while back. Did you ever figure out what that was?



Have a great day, Sis!

Love,
Shari

cajunsis said...

Thanks to whomever replyed saying I had a Mud Skipper. Read my next post :-)

Shari, you know, I have not found out what that is. It is odd - the only answer I got was what I said, and it does not add up. Oh well, maybe someday... lol...