Sunday, July 13, 2008

Visit to Selma

Uncle Ed and Aunt Connie


Cameron and Brian

Aunt Carol and Uncle Danny

I love this picture of Cameron and Aunt Connie

I went to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin in Selma this weekend. Unfortunately, I was ill while there, but we did have a good visit. Before leaving the states I needed to go visit them. A friend went with me, and as we got nearer, I got quieter. I finally realized the last time I had been there was for grands funeral years ago.

We enjoyed the visit, but I had no idea the impact visiting them would have on me. Brian has become a good dad (YIKES!), Uncle Ed is a great tour guide and Aunt Connie is still the great entertainer ;-)

I missed seeing my cousins Barry and Lisa, but maybe we can get together next time. Lisa and Andy are getting ready to close on their new house and Barry was getting ready for a show.

I had a wonderful time reminiscing - and I am sure Peggy got a real wake up call about me. Maybe she was better off knowing the 'me' I let her see... lol...

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

I've loved reading your blog and catching up with the daily happenings in your life. These are great pictures of the family. It really makes me want to pack up the kids and go visiting everyone (including you!). Maybe next year...