Friday, July 4, 2008

Making Headway

Every single day I feel like I am treading water trying to get ready for the big adventure. I have not followed my schedule, however I am making progress. I find I get sidetracked easily; when I am looking at Singapore stuff - I spend HOURS looking. When I do house stuff - I spend HOURS doing house stuff. Maybe I need to fire myself... lol...

Just for a rundown so I can see what I am doing, I decided I will post my accomplishments daily. Today this is what I have done so far:

* I called the Dr to see if they were open today to get my booster. NOT! They must not have realized that when they told me to come in on Friday last week.

* I used a chisel and cut two door jams for the face plates of the door latches. I have doors that actually open and close now! One of those was for the bathroom door knob I changed earlier. The other was on my scraproom door.

* I changed our bedroom door knob - it has not worked right for years.

* I pulled all of our appliance, tv, and misc other directions out of the folders so our house sitters will have directions to anything they need.

* I sanded the scraproom door so it opened and closed easily. (I didn't do such a good job at that, but it works)

* I looked and looked for part 2 of the plug from the printer we brought back from Tulsa.

* I pulled all the titles of our vehicles out and put them in the fireproof safe.

* I tried to find a rolling computer bag that has extra room to pack stuff. I need it to be about the size of a small suitcase with protection form computer. My computer is SOOoooo big I am having trouble finding one. Not complaining now. I just don't seem to be able to find one.

* I finished painting the front bathroom sink base. It is ugly, but not as ugly as it was. I started it when I was painting the bathroom trim last week.

* I put the dooors back on the sink base.

* I pulled our medical insurance information out and put it in the Singapore folder.

* I ordered 2 bird books for Singapore, Malaysia and Southern Asia.

* I tightened up the towel bar in the front bathroom.

* I filed some bills.

* I cleaned out (as in emptied) one dresser in the extra bedroom for our house sitters.

* I took a look at the tropics:
http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/AtlanticSatellite.aspx

* I pulled the grates out and cleaned the drain outside. EWwweEEE!! Now I need to run water down it to see if it drains. Then cut the iris down and thin them out. hmmm... not today.

I am off to a bbq with Steph and Todd. Then I bet we go to the fireworks :-)

Thanks to all of you who has helped make us Independent and KEEP us independent.

Happy Fourth! Do you remember why we celebrate the fourth? Give it some thought...

No comments: