Sunday, January 2, 2011

This Old Church

... is falling down.

Steph had a photo shoot today and I went to help her - how fun!  After the shoot, she asked if I wanted to go take pictures of an old church that she had found.  Of course, it sounded wonderful!  I wasn't disappointed - well, maybe a bit that a church was falling down, but not that I had the opportunity to take pictures of it.  

Take a look:






We also went back to see this old truck - a favorite of ours to take pictures of:




Funny, it never seems to change though.  Wonder why we feel the need to go back and visit it?


And finally, we found this truck.  Are you looking Aedan?
 


Now that  was cool!  He was sitting quietly on the side of the road like no one would notice him - but he doesn't know me, does he?  Lol...

Had a great day out checking out things to take pictures of.  I can always waste time taking pics while waiting on the go ahead to look for a house - right?  I might need a few more lenses... let me see...  I should start naming them, maybe one will fall in my hands.  

I could take pictures of birds... eagles to be specific... and for that I need...

10 comments:

Alex said...

omg it's MATER!!!!

Noelle Reese said...

Super great pics EB! They make me miss my Dad. We didn't take pictures but we looked at things like this every trip. I remember an old broken down truck, with hundreds of pennies. Oh how I wanted those pennies.

Rycon Payne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

carscars!

Andrea said...

Looks like if you went and touched that church with one finger it would just fall right over.

Beautiful photos!! I love seeing "old". Don't see much of that in Singapore. :)

Tamooj said...

Gorgeous! Where is this church? I wonder what its history is...?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really hope you get this comment!! I am searching for an amazing photo of a falling-down church to recreate in fabric and stumbled across your post. How I would love to attempt to re-create this one! Would you be willing to give permission (full credit would be given to you as the photographer)? Please contact me at marmic1954 AT gmail DOT com if you would like to discuss it further. Thanks! (ps. If you want to check out my work, I blog at https://magpiesmumblings.blogspot.com and you can click on 'landscapes' in my sidebar to see some of what I do). Cheers.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I am the pastor of FCC Guymon.
We would like to use one or two of these pictures for publicity purposes.
Can i get a license to use one or two of these?

cajunsis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cajunsis said...

Pastor: can you please email me at justyourspam@yahoo.com ?

I have no way to reach out to you.