Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Landslide Begins

Since we have found out we are moving, we have had soooo many people ask to have us out or over for supper - heck do I feel special!  I had been told by others that this is what happened, but I never expected it to really be that way.  How funny that it has indeed been exactly what happened!  We have supper scheduled with friends tomorrow, Sunday, Tuesday and next Saturday - and more have asked to be put in the plans.  I have not had time to get back with some of you, but I will!  I may not have to cook again before we leave!  How strange... how fun!  ;-)

Yesterday, I went to China Town and Arab Quarters with friends. We are all trying to make a quilt, and needed material.  I sure cannot get this kind of Indonesian Batik there in the states, so I have to do my shopping here.  We wandered around for hours, stopping to eat lunch, drink lime juice (man, am I gonna miss that!), all the while laughing and chatting - and yes we missed you Deborah/Debra/Deb - a LOT!  Shoulda been there. 

It is gonna be tough - I see it coming.  :-(

I took some memory pictures.  Oh wait.  I think all my pictures are memory pictures.  Anyway, since I am still in a frenzy, I am gonna share a few from yesterday.  Surely things will get back to normal soon, right?


Remember my beige and blue elephant?  I found him.  Mandy says he is sad.  Does he look sad to you?  She said trunk down is sad, trunk up is happy.  I hope she is mistaken... how can I get his trunk to turn up now?  I think arthritis has set in:


I packed him anyway 'cause I love him.  I will make him happy.


Here I am with one of my friends, Sue.  This is at my favorite lime juice place in China Town - heck in Singapore!



The people of Singapore just fascinate me.  They are hard workers and very friendly.  Here are some pictures I took while out and about yesterday:


Ok, maybe he doesn't look so friendly, but he is a hard worker... 


This lady is peeling onions for the restaurant she is sitting outside of:
 


LOOK at the claws on this baby:
 




Look at what she is doing... you know those ribbon rolls we use at home?  She is taking a core, hand gluing one side on all of them, stacking, then going back and gluing the other side on.  Not.  A.  Factory.
 

The boxes behind her and the ones behind me had stacks of them in them...  not factory packed either.

 
 He was working hard right after he opened, guess he didn't rest well the night before.


Neither did I... haven't slept well in forever... dang side...

Just a neat guy:



Still love eating at Lan Zhou La Mian (the noodle mans) place in China Town.   Here I am with my friends at my favorite Dim Sum place in Singapore - the Noodle Man's place:
 

The food is great!





I think the girls agreed with me!


Just walking around, as always taking in the sights...


Sadly I didn't even notice his leg until I was looking at the pictures.




Look at the mom's face:
 

She is in love with her newborn  :-)


Live?  k....  try convincing me...
 












Don't know which angle I like the best... lol...






Loved the display of fans:
 


And knots... man!  I love these knots!  I keep sayin' I am going to buy some, but what would I do with them?
 


The end of a long day?
 



Another journey?



Of course, but better than that, it was a nice day spent with friends.  Thank you for all the memories.  :-)  Keep 'em coming!

2 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

fabulous post, fabulous images too!!

Really topped the photos this time Euvah, can see these have been taken with the heart.

The elephant is indeed 'sad' .... a happy elephant has his trunk up. But once you have him in his right spot back in the US with you, he will be happy even is his trunk is down. :-)

I was wandering around the Arab Quarters today.... even looked at T Shirts for you!!

Also thinking of you as I was scrounging around amongst the Indonesian Batik too. :-)

love you. xx

Cajunrose said...

I love that I can look at your pictures and say "Hey, I ate there! I have seen that!"
I know you will miss it..heck, I'LL miss it!!!
We will be glad to have you 'home' though.