Friday, July 11, 2014

Hello Sunshine... again.

I did exactly as I said I was going to do yesterday - I worked all stinking day until my Hello Sunshine! quilt top was finished.  Here is the 'finished' product:




I will take it in to the quilter next week.  

It is amazing to me how a quilt takes so many turns from beginning to end.  When you start with a piece of fabric you love and want to quilt, you 'audition' other fabric to go with it.  As you start cutting and sewing, some of those fabrics you have bought, don't 'work' with it, so you buy better matches - more fabric.

As you get closer to the finished product it is time to buy borders.  When you put your partially finished quilt top out and start auditioning borders, what you think you would have picked doesn't even get considered.  Instead, you pick a totally different color, pattern or design - another twist to the equation. 

As you sew and work with your fabric - a quilt takes on a 'life' of its own.  You begin to be 'friends' with it.  You enjoy seeing the life you are giving it.  It 'talks' to you. You feel a connection to it.

You finally settle on a border - or borders - and off it goes to the quilter.  When it comes back, it has truly has a different feel - completely different than when it left.  Not a touchy feel, but a visual 'feel'.  It is tucked, and puckered and lusciously dimpled.  I know it sounds crazy, but it is true - it has its own 'life'.

Then you audition the bindings you thought would go on it - again, a different turn often takes place.  What you thought was the perfect binding, pre-selected before going to the quilters might not be so perfect with tucks and puckers.

On Hello Sunshine! Will my binding be blue? Or red?





Which color do you like?



On another note, Steve and I went to the Dr last night - for me of course.  My 5pm appointment lasted 2 hours.

I do indeed have systematic lupus.
I still have Idiopathic CD4+ Lymphocytopenia
and I do have Sarcoidosis.

The Sulfa drug last August apparently caused a 'lupus flare' which causes my awful joint/muscle pain and the pain in my left hand and arm.

I am triple fatigued - all of the above diagnosis have symptoms which include extreme fatigue.  
There is nothing they can do for the debilitating fatigue.

I am getting a CAT scan for my sinus' Monday.
I am getting an EMG for nerve damage to my hand soon.
And I am getting more blood work taken - he said they need to check my levels every 3 months and NIH in Bethesda agrees.

Thank God I have a husband that is onboard with me 100% and encouraging me with every step and obstacle.

Big changes will be coming on our lives.  We have some big decisions to make. We have some major obstacles to overcome.  Yeah, the big major obstacle is my health.

*tumbling*

Can someone toss me a lifeline?

A healthy one, please?    ;-)


No comments: