Sunday, March 23, 2014

Proud Moma


Every single night, I 'tuck' my chickens in.  I count heads, make sure everyone is inside, roosting and safe.  I have never, ever missed a night.  It is part of what a chicken moma does.

I went to tuck my chickens in last night and found all eight of my 6-week-old chicks had figured out how to roost all by themselves.  


It is the little things that make me smile:   :-)



Meet my chicks:  left to Right:  Sara and Hazel.  I haven't named the little peeps yet - I still don't know which are boys and girls.  The yellow one is a guy - I am almost certain.  And psst!  Just so you know, he doesn't look like the others - he is YELLOW.  Something is amiss in the chicken pile.

I wish you could see Sara's fluffy cheeks.  I will have to get a picture of them soon...


My big chickens were roosting happily under the 'family portrait' wall: 


From left to right:  Ella (she is my 'special' chicken - she isn't the brightest crayon in the box), Clara (she is the eight little peeps moma), Aunt Bea, Frankie, Cole and Gloria.

Yes, I love my coop and my chickens.  They might be a bit spoiled.  I might be a tad insane decorating their coop, but, it is mine and I love doing it.  I am always watching out for chicken portraits. 

Those are all my chicky doos that I have right now - all except one - who is broody and sitting on 6 wooden eggs... I keep telling Charlotte that her eggs will not hatch, but she keeps them warm just in case.  Silly girl!  I have no idea where her picture went - I took one, but it didn't download. 

Just imagine a black chicken in a dishpan 'growling' here...

I have 5 more babies coming in the week of April 15th.

And tomorrow, I promise, it will not be about chickens.

But it is true - my life revolves around my chickens.  They make my world twirl.  


No comments: