Saturday, December 11, 2010

Attack of the Lady Bugs

As we were breaking camp for our trip north, we slid our camper slide in. In doing so, we found the source of our lady bug (or Japanese beetle) problem. There were at least one million and one - maybe a BILLION and one - lady bugs above the slider. The problem with that was they were now in our camper! Three adults fought the attack of the lady bugs armed with vacuum cleaners.

When we were young, VERY young, there was this movie called The Birds - have you seen it? Imagine that, but replace the birds with a bazillion beedles. Kinda freaky; I swear I still feel those lady bugs on me.

We started that mess late this morning, and we finally thought we had enough of those critters vacuumed up that we could get on the road. We left at 5pm. As I type this we are now 4 hours into our trip and it is pitch black - and I am typing on my iPhone, because I miss you dear blog. We will stop soon and rest, that is if we don't have the battle of more lady bugs to deal with. You may get lucky and see pictures soon but not tonight. I think I may have a
lady bug in my nose.

My dear grand daughter got a big bowl full of lady bugs - it was her only request when her mom came to help us. Thanks for the help Steph, and I hope you enjoy our donation of lady bugs to our little insect lover. I am glad she did not have to be traumatized by seeing the billions we sucked up.

And with that, we're on the road again!

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

Have fun in the Walmart parking lot. I still think that's funny because I know how big of a Walmart fan you are:)