Monday, October 18, 2010

'My' Little River Walk

Every morning, I walk on the river next to our condo.  This morning, I took my little over-done camera, my old tired point and shoot that eats my batteries, is broken and separating on the sides and... well, it is time to retire it.  But I was in too much of a hurry to get out before the heat set in to worry with my big camera, so you get little camera pictures.

We have a great view while walking on the walkway next to the river.  (Thank you Singapore for making so many beautiful places for us to get/keep healthy - you have a blue ribbon for helping us want to stay healthy!)   

Walking along today, I thought since it is one of my favorite places in Singapore, I should take lots of pictures, so I started off taking pictures of the big view:






No matter what time of day, or what country I am in, I always watch for critters.  Today on my walk, I saw a water monitor catch a fish - granted it was a flailing fish, but he caught it:



I didn't get to see how big he was, but he had a nice tail!
 


At one end of our walkway is the Indoor stadium, located on the other side of this bridge:



This used to be a bar when Steve first started coming to Singapore many, many years ago:
 


Those buildings in the water on the right were restaurants, but they are in the process of being torn down:
 


The other end of our walk is the MRT:



I have to climb those stairs to get across the 'flyover' to the other side of the highway.  Not the ramp silly - the stairs.  They are there somewhere:
 


This is what the 'flyover' looks like as I walk across:



Everyone uses their umbrellas here, even when it is not raining.  Or when it is shady.  Dunno why:
 



We love traveling by the MRT - there is no vehicular traffic and we get there much quicker than we would if we did go the traditional way by car.  However, others feel the same was as it gets quite crowded at peak times.  Guess I need to remember to get a picture of one of those days...


I love watching the people I see every day.  This little doggy (Pokie?) is a Jack Russell.  Liz?   You could learn from this lady - she has this little guy trained.  He is never on a leash, and he is always right by his mommy.  If she sees him even thinking of doing anything not allowed, she says something very quietly in Chinese, his ears go down and he obeys.  Period.
 


At 7am every single morning, a large group of ladies go out and exercise - Deb and I call them the 'fanny ladies' - or is it the 'fanning ladies'?  You can probably tell why, but they are so fun to watch!



I was at the end of the hour of power so there were just a few left.  I could stand and watch them forever!  I will try to take good pictures of all my friends tomorrow.  Today, I was just racing - have to get ready for quilting.  


Speaking of which... 



I have only two squares done - and not done too well either.  UGH!  I cannot concentrate (wonder why?!) and the sewing machine and I are not getting along very well.  Steph, I hope I can borrow yours when I get home!  Gonna try again today folks, can I do it?  

YES I CAN!  Roflmao...

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

the batik square's look pretty good to me!!

... and the photos of your walk are just fabulous..... that's anice walk you have each morning!!