Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beginning the Process

Not knowing exactly how long we have, I started getting some things together yesterday and stacking them in one of the few places we have.  I have never been a shopper and it is becoming more and more apparent how much I have *not* bought.  Oh dear.


I wonder if my hubby gets aggravated by my lack of interest in shopping?  Sometimes I would love to have some of the things people have, but when I go to shop, I get so overwhelmed by it all I just toss in the towel and go home - much too soon!  Lol...  If you asked me to pick up something for you, I hope I get something even close to what you are imagining... I can't even shop for me - how in the world can I shop for others?

I am still in denial about moving.  We have wanted it for so long, but now that it is actually coming, I can't seem to grasp that we are leaving.  However, I have stood on our balcony looking at our view and know I will miss it.  I have visited with friends and know I may never see some of them again.  In fact, the reality is that I will never see *most* of them again - and that breaks my heart.  I hope we can keep up with each other on facebook and in e-mails.  I just don't want to lose touch with anyone - I wish I could think that would actually be possible.  Even with my friends at home, it seems like the contact got less and less the longer we were gone.  I wish it wouldn't be so, but I know it will be the same going back there, too...

There are a lot of lasts and I know that, but I still don't want to accept it.  As I have said before, looking forward is the only way I will be able to get through it, but the reality is, leaving Singapore will be difficult.  Leaving my friends, even more so.  I love you all!

I have another blog post nearly ready, but not quite.  I will come home and finish it off later and post it.  

Off to play mahjong with friends.  Going to have a relaxing day.  Gonna try.  Be back before you know it.


1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

we will all miss you BIG TIME too. But also know that you will be happy 'back home'.

L xxx