Monday, September 6, 2010

Though the Looking Glass - Into the Lives

Have you ever looked through a window and felt like you were looking into people's hearts?  I mean have you really looked at and studied what you were seeing?  During this trip, I felt like I glanced inside a world only few see.  Oh, I have seen it before, but only since I have been in Asia have I really felt like I was seeing what the rest of the world really lives like.  Though poverty exists to a great extent here, I see pride in what the Indonesians do have.  

Over the next few days, I am going to be showing pictures of what we saw as we were traveling to the school and to the children's home.  I call it through the looking glass because in all honestly, I was looking through the window - but I was also really looking into these people's lives - like they are bearing their soul to me.  In turn, by a click of the camera, I can share it with you. 

There are no further words needed here:
















By sharing so many pictures, I hope you feel a bit of what I have come to know... the overwhelming feeling of thankfulness to be so fully blessed by what I have, by what I am experiencing and by how I have grown.  I hope you enjoy 'traveling' with me.

Where are you all coming from?  So many views, so few comments... 

More tomorrow.  :-)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You take such evocative pictures and with the subject you have, it is no wonder. But you do an amazing job with that camera. Thank you for haring with us. As I said before, how heartrending it is to see these pictures, but it is also heartwarming that they have such pride in what they do have. It brings home how blessed we are in the states.