Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Same Same - But Different

Every time I take a trip (like to Indonesia), or go to the same place more than once, even though it is the same place, I see it through different eyes.  You know like looking at this grid in the parking lot... I look at it one way and see this:



But when I glance back, the view has changed to this:


It is a totally different view by having moved only a few steps.  


It is the same way with going to a children's home, a school or a place revisited.  I can go and see many things, but when I return, I see an entirely different view:  "same same, but different" as the Singaporeans say. 

I am looking forward to many return trips to teach more English to the children.  I truly had a wonderful time.  I am sure I will come back with more understanding and a new perception of what I experience.


Yesterday, I forgot to add one picture to my blog, so today, I will close with this picture:


Look at the same world around you through different eyes today.  Really take a hard look at the people around you and pay attention.  What would it be like to be in their shoes?  What are their stories?

Ahhh, "same, same but different" isn't it?

No comments: