Friday, September 10, 2010

Mid- Autumn Festival - Clarke Quay 2

Still hanging out at Clarke Quay and sharing more pictures...

When we first arrived at Clarke Quay we walked down the side of the river and this is what we saw:


All the way up the river (or is that down?) there are lanterns reflecting off of the water.  See the bridge in the background?  It is full of lanterns! 


This is the bridge from the water side.  Isn't it pretty?  It took me forever to get a picture of those dolphins jumping at the same time  ;-)



Along the edges of the river, there are floats with lanterns on them too.  If you look in the picture above, you will see them on the left.  Here is a closer view of one behind us:



The bridge (shown in a picture above) was crowded with people.  Why in the world would they put booths up on the bridge?!?  You could barely get across the river it was so jam packed!  


Just a bit crowded wouldn't you say?  And I have to tell you - this is near where we first started smelling the smelly tofu.  See the sign on the middle tent in the background?  Yeah, from that far away you can smell it. 


Today started off a bit rough, I spilled a canister of flour (fla! here in Singapore) and a partial canister of tea right after I woke.  Don't make coffee when you are still sleeping.  Anyway, instead of journaling more, I am going to show pictures and then go curl up on the sofa for a bit.  

















How did I get pictures without so many people  in them you say?  I am very talented like that - and I have a v-e-r-y patient husband  ;-)  Or he pretends to be - and I am very gracious.


If I were still in Louisiana, I would say we laissez les bon temps rouler with lagniappe (let the good times roll with something extra) on the bayou.  But since we are in Singapore, I will say xie xie (for the memories).  I lost your paper Kim, is that how I say thank you?  And how do I say thank you for the memories?



It's a 'rough' life (ha!), but someone's gotta do it.  
I am so glad it is me.  :-)

Today we are shopping a bit, then tonight we are playing Mahjong with friends... yep, it is a rough life.

Today started off a bit rocky, but it is going to be a great day!  :-)

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous pics, Sis, and even if it does not FEEL like autumn there, at least the colors are autumny! Love you!

phoebe said...

I also went down to the Clark quay last weekend. Your pictures looked better. ^_^

cajunsis said...

Thanks Phoebe, I really appreciate that. The crowds were horrible - I hope you could enjoy it better than I could - as I said, I have a very patient husband... lol. Thanks for stopping by!

Koowie Singapore said...

hi cajunsis, very nice pictures taken at the clarke quay. i like to seek your permission to add some in my blog to share with my friends, is that alright with you? lowie

cajunsis said...

Thank you, Lowie, for the compliment. I don't mind that you use them on your blog, but can you please link me to your blog so I can see? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi, was surfing around when I came to this blog posting. Glad you enjoyed your trip, and you're right. Thank you in Chinese is "xie xie".

Cheers,
Singaporean