Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Come On, Folks - Isn't Anything Sacred Anymore?

While at the Formula 1 races, I was wandering between races and saw these:  



Amazingly enough, those were the cleanest I have ever seen - someone tending to them at all times - not stinky and not messy.  Wow, imagine that.


And then I saw these:


Huh?!  Really?  Can you believe these portalets?  Do they really do what they appear to do?


Please tell me no one would use them... But wait... what did I see?


Men using them... and this guy was not the only one using these loos - I went past repeatedly and they were often full!  Come on folks, is space really that precious?  

Trust me, I was not the only one taking pictures.  Any guy that walked in there KNEW he was going to get his picture taken - there were dozens of cameras ready and waiting.  Later in the evening these were very busy - I am sure the beer might have made it a bit easier to use, but from what I saw, most guys didn't give it a second thought to use them.  But, the ones that didn't want to?  They were taking pictures.

Good grief!  Another shocker moment... pardon me while I pick up my jaw...


Sorry folks, I am still not feeling up to par... going to Bible study in a bit and then I am working in Indonesia tomorrow at the school.  Hopefully I will be back on track blogging in a day or two.  I really do not feel like sitting here at the computer right now.  Gotta stay busy and not think about my stinkin' side.  

I keep looking for the fall weather - will someone please send it this way?  

3 comments:

F said...

There are similar public potties in Amsterdam, except these are much more along the pathways that the public takes and you can literally see/hear what the guy is doing. Gross.

cajunsis said...

Really Flora? I have never seen anything like these! Yeah, I was a bit... well, just say, they need doors that cover! Lol

applesofgold said...

Pardon me while i pick my jaw up off the floor. Even if I had the proper equipment, there is no way I would ever use these.