Monday, September 27, 2010

Those Are Not Antique Automobiles...

Years ago, we were in an amphitheater in Branson, Missouri with our (then) 3 or 4 year old son and daughter.  Amphitheaters are like half circles with a stage down in the center for plays - they are notorious for sound traveling to the ends of the earth in them.

I have no idea what the play was about, but in the play they had antique cars.  One of the cast members said something about antique automobiles and our son, indignant about their lack of knowledge, yelled at the top of his lungs, "Those aren't antique automobiles!  Those are OLD CARS, aren't they dad?"  Everyone in the theater rolled laughing - even the actors on stage!  It took them forever to get OVER laughing and start acting again.  He was dead serious - and it was the cutest (and most embarrassing) thing ever.  I will never look at antique automobiles again without thinking of our son.

My side is worse again... I don't really feel like sitting, editing pics and then blogging too much.  So without much more to say, take a look at the old cars:













 










I didn't get great pictures of the Formula 1 races, so I hope no one is holding their breath.  I was plenty happy to get pictures at all!  I will try to work on getting a few up in the next day or so.  For now, I am going to work on trying to get the pain level down to manageable again.

I know everyone keeps wondering why I am not rushing home to figure out the cause of this pain in my side.  I am trying to wait out a couple of things... one being a possibility Steve will have to come home to work on a job.  I will probably have to have exploratory surgery to figure out the cause, but I really don't want to do that without him.  If he doesn't have to go back, we will go for the holidays and I will leave a bit early to whittle through the medical drama.  We don't like being separated so I am holding off as long as possible.  What is another month or two after several years, right?

Hope everyone is enjoying the 'fall' weather.  I saw the winter clothes out in the mall the other day - better rush out and stock up - I bet the weather is going to change soon... and it will be freezing...

... somewhere.  

But not here.  *sigh*  lol  

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

you really have some brilliant photos there Euvah ... be they old, antique or vintage, they all look great. :-)