Monday, July 19, 2010

Singapore Garden Show

The garden show was great!  I bet I could go a dozen times and still find things to take pictures of.  The only problem I had was the lighting.  You have tungsten and fluorescent lighting overlapping which makes getting the white balance right a pain in the backside.  Note to self, figure out custom lighting and temperature next.  Oh well, I loved looking at all the flowers.


The African Exhibit was my favorite - never seen flowers like this, though my friend (hi Leone ;-) says they have them in Australia.  Even more ready to go to Australia now.  Here are a few of those flowers:










All these flowers were big flowers - about 6-8 inches across!


Here are a few pics I took just because I 'saw' the picture:





I took just a few Orchid pics:







They had some really unusual ones:





And one of my favorites:



I looked up and what did I see?


A string of umbrellas looking down at me  :-)  And can you tell that was not taken with my good camera?  I sure can.  Same with the pics below  :-(


I took a new friend from Bible Study with me (been here from Texas for 3 weeks) to the garden show.  She is still at that stage where she is overwhelmed with things, food, smells, and general culture shock stuffs.  Since the foods are still bothering her, I asked her if she liked beef, rice, corn and green onions - she did, so I took her to a pepper beef place where you cook your own lunch:




She didn't seem to mind paying to cook her lunch and said it was great!  She was planning on coming back to the garden show and bringing her hubby.  She liked this so well she was going to bring him back - if not last night - soon.  However, please don't tell her she was eating an Asian dish she assures us she doesn't like Asian  ;-)  Breaking her in s-l-o-w-l-y.

She will never know what hit her   :-)

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

That "Asian dish" Is so yummy!!! Love your pictures!

Leone Fabre said...

great post Euvah .... piks are fab, even though we did have probs with the lighting.

The lighting was perfect to view the festival, just not so good for photographers and when I was there yesterday a couple of them mentioned that to me too.

So much to see there it was amazing. Am sure I didn't see everything that you even saw!