Friday, July 16, 2010

A Happy Moment



I got a letter from our grand daughter a couple of days ago, and it had 2 sing dollars in it.  The letter gave no indication what I was supposed to do with it, so I called her.  This is how the conversation went:

Todd answers the phone and after the cordials, I ask for pR, our grand-daughter.  He says she was getting ready to hop in the shower, but he didn't think she was in yet.
He calls her to the phone.  This is how the conversation went:

“Hi pR, Granny and Papa got a letter with 2 sing dollars in it.  I am going to China Town today, do you need me to buy something?”

“Yes, granny, I sent that.  Ack-tu-ally, I need you to buy 3 round glitter boxes with polka dots on them.”

 “Glitter boxes?”

 “Yes, glitter boxes – the ones with polka dots, granny”

 “I don’t know what you are talking about punkin’ - glitter boxes?”


*sigh* “ THE ONES WITH POLKA DOTS GRANNY!”


 “Round with polka dots… boxes…”

 “Yep!”

 “Wait!  Are you talking about the jewelry boxes with gems on them?”

 “Yes, granny!  The pretty ones but with POLKA DOTS on them!”

 “Ok, girly, I will get you 3.  With polka dots, right?”  *giggling*

“Yes, ummm, and ack-tu-ally, I remembered what I sent that money for.  I need a Singapore charm.”

 “You want a charm for a bracelet?”

*sigh*  (obviously, granny is a little air headed)  “Yes, granny, a SINGAPORE charm for my bracelet, please.  From Singapore.  And 3 glitter boxes WITH POLKA DOTS!”

“Got it.  I will look while I am out.  You better go take a shower now.  I love you.”

“Ok, and granny, Polka Dots.”

“Got it”

“Your it!”     and at the same time I hear the click (phone hangs up)


I lost.  This time.
 

Oh how I love these conversations  :-)  
My grandkids make me smile.

2 comments:

Leone Fabre said...

so .... did you find the Polka Dots????

Elizabeth said...

LOL Sis, too funny! Did you get her what you were supposed to??